To promote participation in diversity conferences and their associated MBA career expositions The Graduate Career Management Center within The Poole College of Management offers eligible Jenkins MBA students a reimbursement stipend of up to $350 that can be used to reimburse associated conference registration and membership fees.
The stipend is limited to reimbursing registration fees only, and will not be issued to cover transportation, lodging, or other incidental expenses – these expenses are covered by the student.
Before issuing a National Diversity Career Fair registration stipend to a student, The Poole College of Management first assesses each student’s eligibility for reimbursement.
To be eligible for reimbursement, students must meet several criteria pertaining to their academic standing and career search readiness. These requirements include:
- The student must be actively seeking an internship or full-time employment at the time of the conference
- The student must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation), and in good standing in accordance with NC State University’s Student Code of Conduct
- The student must have an “approved” resume on file in 12Twenty
- The student must have completed an initial career advising appointment and required mock interviews before attending the conference
- The student must have submitted a list of target companies to their career coach before attending the conference
Purchases eligible for reimbursement
The Diversity Conference stipend is limited to reimbursing ONLY fees relating to registration and membership fees. The stipend CAN NOT be used to reimburse costs associated with transportation, lodging, meals, clothing, or other incidental expenses related to conference participation.
The Diversity Conference stipend is limited to reimbursing fees associated with the Career Center approved diversity conferences below:
- MBA Veterans
- National Black MBA
- ROMBA – Reaching Out MBA
Annual usage limits
Usage of the Diversity Conference Reimbursement Stipend is limited to one reimbursement per conference per academic year per student. For example: Mary Smith attended the Reaching Out Conference. She was reimbursed for her $150 registration fee. Mary is not eligible to receive a second stipend of $100 since the program allows for reimbursement for one national conference.
Reimbursement Submission Process
After the student ensures they are eligible for a National Diversity Career Fair registration reimbursement (see Eligibility section above), and after they have returned from attending the conference, they can complete this Google Form to initiate the reimbursement process.
These steps will include:
- Complete and upload the Payment Request Memo
- Upload detailed receipts of conference registration and/or membership fees
- If the diversity conference you attended was an in-person event, complete and upload a “participation, liability waiver, and indemnification agreement”
IMPORTANT: the reimbursement stipend process should be completed within two weeks of travel, and once submitted can take up to 30 days to process.