Key resources: Select the link and then select the red “view resource” button
Participation Liability Waiver
NC State University Payment Request Memo (this is the form that the Poole College of Management requires to repay you)
The below headings are toggle links (click to open the link, click to close the link)
Stipend Information: MBA conferences usually require participants to pay a few hundred dollars to register, plus the cost of staying at the hotel where the conference takes place and travel. The CMC recognizes that the cost of attending may be an obstacle for some students. The Poole College of Management (PCOM) will offer a $250 reimbursement stipend for eligible Jenkins MBA students.
Conference Registration Stipend: PCOM will reimburse the registration fee for one national conference up to $250 for eligible Jenkins MBA students. Travel and incidental costs are the responsibility of the conference attendee.
Example: Mary Smith attended the Reaching Out Conference. She was reimbursed for her $150 registration fee. Mary is not eligible to receive a second stipend of $100 since the program allows for reimbursement for one national conference.
Students must complete these initial deliverables to earn the conference stipend:
1. Student must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation), and in good standing in accordance with NC State University’s Student Code of Conduct.
2. Sign the Jenkins No Show Policy, Renege Policy, and the Virtual Attendance policy, and have it on file with the CMC
3. Sign the Participation, Liability Waiver, and Indemnification Agreement
4. Have an “approved” resume on file in 12Twenty
5. Complete the initial career advising appointment and required mock interviews
6. Submit a career conference target company list to the career coach
-The amount allowed for reimbursement related to a national career conference is up to $250 per seeking* student for the current academic year. For timely reimbursement, the reimbursement request should be submitted within two weeks of the start of the conference.
-Stipend privilege is limited to students who are seeking full-time employment or an internship and have not accepted a new position at the time of the conference
Please note, this stipend, in accordance with university policy, is paid in the form of reimbursement for documented eligible conference registration expenses and requires submission of documentation. There are no exceptions to these university requirements. Detailed instructions for reimbursement are listed below.
1. Students must complete the NC State University Payment Request Memo with travel details and registration pricing information.
2. The student’s full name and address on the award form must match the information as it is in the University HR system. If needed, student can update information by accessing the Student Homepage in MyPack Portal.
3. Student will need to provide an itemized receipt showing proof of registration and method of payment. If needed, the student can provide a bank statement as proof of payment for the charges. Any unnecessary information on the bank statement needs to be redacted before the documents are uploaded in the voucher system (account number, unrelated charges, etc.).
4. Student must submit Participation, Liability Waiver, and Indemnification Agreement.
5. The Poole College of Management Office of Business Services will review and submit reimbursement within 30 days of receipt from CMC.
6. The completed form and supporting documentation (in PDF format) should be submitted below, preferably no later than TWO WEEKS prior to the conference.
7. A CMC representative will approve and sign the Payment Request Memo .
The Poole College of Management Office of Business Services will review and submit reimbursement within 30 days of receipt from CMC.
Submission Link *Final and most important step* Click this link to Student Submission Google Form (to request reimbursement from the CMC). There are fields to upload your completed NC State University Payment Request Memo, your proof of registration, and your Participation, Liability Waiver, and Indemnification Agreement.