The Poole College of Management will offer eligible Jenkins MBA students a stipend of up to $250 that can be put towards the registration costs to attend a National Diversity Career Fair.
The stipend is limited to reimbursing registration fees only, and will not be issued to cover transportation, lodging, or other incidental expenses – expenses to be covered by the student. Receipt of conference registration required.
Limit one reimbursement per academic year per student.
Before issuing a National Diversity Career Fair registration stipend to a student, The Poole College of Management first assesses each student’s eligibility for reimbursement.
To be eligible for reimbursement, students must meet several criteria pertaining to their academic standing and career search readiness. These requirements include:
- The student must be actively seeking an internship or full-time employment at the time of the conference
- The student must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation), and in good standing in accordance with NC State University’s Student Code of Conduct
- The student must have an “approved” resume on file in 12Twenty
- The student must have completed an initial career advising appointment and required mock interviews before attending the conference
- The student must have submitted a list of target companies to their career coach before attending the conference
Reimbursement Submission Instructions
After the student ensures they are eligible for a National Diversity Career Fair registration reimbursement (see Eligibility section above), they can complete this Google Form to initiate the reimbursement process. To be reimbursed, the student must
- Complete a Payment Request Memo – Award form for the Poole College of Management Office of Business Services
- Complete a PARTICIPATION, LIABILITY WAIVER, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
- Submit a copy of the registration receipt
IMPORTANT: the reimbursement stipend process should be completed within two weeks of travel, and once submitted can take up to 30 days to process.