Our Commitment to You
We know that as a Working Professional MBA you are in the program to redirect the trajectory of your career. You are making a significant investment. You may or may not know specifically at this point how your career may change, but you do know it will be “different” in some way. The Career Center is here to assist you in that transformation.
On-Demand Career Roadmaps
These links will take you to the appropriate roadmaps on North Carolina State University’s Moodle server. To enroll, just click “Enroll”. Here is a 38 second tutorial video.
The job search process involves a number of steps or elements that can occur at the same time; however, this roadmap framework is presented linearly.
Working Professional MBAs who received a “100” for the Leading Teams I résumé assignment and have had a career meeting with a coach will have access to these resources on 12Twenty.
We are prepared to meet you where you are:
Most Working Professional MBA’s fall in one of the three career advancement profiles listed below. We have tailored one-on-one executive coaching, workshops, and web resources to meet the career needs of each of these profiles:
- Career “accelerators” | The career goal of many Jenkins MBA students is to accelerate their progression through the corporate ranks of their current employers. The MBA gives credibility, business acumen, and the soft skills, necessary to accelerate in the organization.
- Career “transitioners” | Some students use the MBA in order to change careers. The MBA teaches business skills and offers functional experiences and exposure to other industries that they would not have had otherwise.The career center has resources for students to explore new careers, industries, and companies.
- Career “explorers” or “hunters” | While career transitioners usually have a career plan of which the MBA plays a part, career explorers may not have a plan, yet know that they don’t want to stay on their current career path. These students use their MBA experience to explore other career options available to them given newly-acquired business skills and experiences.
Boot Camps and Career Conversations
Career Management Boot Camps: The Career Center hosts Saturday virtual boot camps for the convenience of Evening and Online MBAs. These boot camps are either half- or full-days. These are experiential so that students can share their experiences and practice concepts. Topics are relevant for career accelerators, career changers, and career explorers.
Career Conversations: These are monthly Friday morning webinars facilitated by outside guests focused on “success at work” issues.
Register for Boot Camps, Webinars, Workshops on 12Twenty
Executive career coaches are available for one-on-one coaching during the day and evening, six days a week. Coaches are available virtually. Coaching topics range from personal branding to interview preparation to salary negotiation Coaches will provide guidance on:
- Job search strategies
- Internal promotion strategies
- MBA professional resume reviews
- Assessment debriefs
- Interview Preparation
Set Up an Appointment with a Coach
Virtual Resources and Tools
The CMC maintains a library of high-quality virtual materials covering management guidance, tools and videos that are continuously updated.