Our Commitment to You
We know that as a Working Professional MBA you are in the program to redirect the trajectory of your career. You are making a significant investment. You may or may not know specifically at this point how your career may change, but you do know it will be “different” in some way. The Career Center is here to assist you in that transformation.
Something for Everyone
Most Working Professional MBA’s fall in one of the three career advancement profiles listed below. We have tailored one-on-one executive coaching, workshops, and web resources to meet the career needs of each of these profiles:
1. Career “accelerators” | The career goal of many Jenkins MBA students is to accelerate their progression through the corporate ranks of their current employers. The MBA gives credibility, business acumen, and the soft skills, necessary to accelerate in the organization.
2. Career “transitioners” | Some students use the MBA in order to change careers. The MBA teaches business skills and offers functional experiences and exposure to other industries that they would not have had otherwise.The career center has resources for students to explore new careers, industries, and companies.
3. Career “explorers” or “hunters” | While career transitioners usually have a career plan of which the MBA plays a part, career explorers may not have a plan, yet know that they don’t want to stay on their current career path. These students use their MBA experience to explore other career options available to them given newly-acquired business skills and experiences.
Learn more about Resource Available to Working Professional MBAs Eligible for On-Campus Recruiting
Webinars, Learning Lab Workshops, and Panel Discussions
Career Management Webinars: The Career Center hosts regularly scheduled career webinars for the convenience of Evening and Online MBAs. These webinars are video-recorded for 24/7 review by all students. Topics are relevant for career accelerators, career changers, and career explorers.
Saturday Learning Labs: Saturday learning labs give students the opportunity to practice lessons learned from the webinars.
Executive Recruiter Panels: Once a year, the Career Center hosts a panel of executive recruiters. This panel gives students exposure to different recruiting firms and gives students the opportunity to learn how to leverage firms in their career management.
Register for Webinars, Workshops, and Panel Discussions on 12Twenty
Executive career coaches are available for one-on-one coaching during the day and evening, six days a week. Coaches are available in-person in Nelson Hall and at the Jenkins MBA campus, and virtually. Coaching topics range from personal branding to interview preparation to salary negotiation Coaches will provide guidance on:
- Job search strategies
- Internal promotion strategies
- MBA professional resume reviews
- Assessment debriefs
- Interview Preparation
Set Up an Appointment with a Coach
Virtual Resources and Tools
The CMC maintains a library of high-quality virtual materials covering management guidance, tools and videos that are continuously updated.