This role provides an exciting opportunity to help drive the execution of the consumer marketing strategy across one or more therapeutic areas. The Senior Manager will support the Director of Consumer Marketing in executing marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness, treatment consideration, trial, and adherence with responsibilities spanning across the patient journey.
- Develop and produce promotional tactics, materials and programs need to support the brand strategy and objectives
- Manage branded website properties, including updates, new content/tools, and search engine optimizations, under the direction of the Director
- Co-lead virtual and live patient education program development, execution and performance monitoring with Director
- Manage outside agencies to meet expected project objectives and hold them accountable to agreed upon budgets, timelines, and standards
- Represent the brand in the review and approval process of promotional initiatives
- Monitor and manage inventory of consumer marketing resources
- Provide day-to-day management of patient ambassador and peer mentor program
- Work with Patient Engagement Marketing to ensure consistency of patient services messaging and offerings across platforms
- Establish relationships and work with commercial partners in Patient Advocacy and Brand Communications to ensure alignment within scope of projects
- Regularly monitor website engagement and recommend enhancements
- Regularly review paid search and social ad analytics and direct optimizations
- Partner with organic search agency to recommend new search strategies
- Monitor competitive promotional activity
- Participate in annual brand planning process
- Manage budget for assigned projects
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ marketing experience required with a preference for relevant healthcare marketing and/or pharmaceutical/advertising/communications agency experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience managing patient or consumer digital marketing required
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and media preferred
- Expertise working across multiple projects and managing multiple external vendors
- Requires approximately 10-20% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments
- Strong planning, project management, communication, and organization skills
- Team-oriented attitude with demonstrated success as a valued colleague within a cross-functional team
- Experienced in managing tactics through the regulatory approval process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Transparency: We value collaboration. Trusting teach other and tackling tough challenges can make a powerful difference.
- Accountability: We do what’s right for our patient communities through quality decisions and owning our successes and failures.
- Growth: We fiercely innovate and evolve to better ourselves, our communities and our patients.
These three values come to life through our five Leadership Expectations that apply to all Horizon employees
- Enterprise Mindset: Look beyond one’s team, brand or function to see the broader company and external perspective
- Exhibit Intellectual Curiosity: Seek to understand what you do not know; ask the right questions of the right people and sources
- Ensure Accountability and Courage: Step up to address difficult issues and hold self and others accountable to commitments
- Embrace Diverse Perspectives: Welcome others with a respectful attitude; integrate diverse perspectives into ways of working
- Develop Talent: Provide feedback, coaching and mentorship to help others be more effective in their role
At Horizon, we know that disease does not discriminate. We embrace the bold ideas of one another, foster a sense of belonging, and value inclusion. We attract and develop diverse talent because we believe that when people from different backgrounds and life experiences come together, we make lives better.
Horizon intends that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity, and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.