Full job description
Req ID: 73751
Location: Tulsa -TUL
Areas of Interest: Information Services
Pay Transparency Salary Range: Not Available
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
If you are looking for a job that combines a passion for innovation, an opportunity for growth, and a culture of teamwork, then you’ve come to the right place.
Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, TransFund, a business unit owned by BOK Financial, and a top-ten ATM network and debit, credit and merchant processor serving financial institutions and companies throughout the U.S. and Virgin Islands. With more than 46 years of experience in the financial services industry, TransFund delivers exceptional payment processing solutions with service, knowledge and consultation, so that clients can differentiate themselves, compete with companies of any size, and profitably expand their business.
The TransFund Data Analyst is responsible for providing and maintaining recurring reports and data analyses in support of TransFund management and TransFund customer business needs. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining automated jobs that control the production and dissemination of business reports. Provides administrative support for TransFund’s file transfer environment. Develops strong working relationships with internal TransFund departments and line of business partners to understand the TransFund business model, key performance indicators, strategies and plans
We are committed to building an encouraging, caring, and supportive team environment that fosters personal development and professional growth. We are owners. Every day, we take initiative—with integrity and courage—to make our company and our clients stronger.
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- In consultation with TransFund senior IT management, you will extract data, typically from a database, perform a broad range of analyses, and employ data visualization tools to convey business learnings based on underlying data.
- You will exercise sound judgment in researching problems, evaluating various solutions, and using industry standard analytical methodologies to demonstrate support of data-driven conclusions to management.
- You will update and maintain regularly distributed reports for multiple line of business strategic initiatives to inform key business decision made by Division leadership.
- You will ensure effective data quality and validation controls are in place to support accurate reporting and mitigation of risk associated with inaccurate or incomplete data.
- You will resolve automated report failures by identifying the underlying root cause of the failure and determining and implementing a solution that resolves the failure both immediately, and mitigates or eliminates the risk of future failures.
- Working in conjunction with TransFund business leaders and fellow subject matter experts, you will assist with ad hoc report requests supporting all lines of business within TransFund by accessing relevant data sources, querying and summarizing data, and providing reports as needed and with respect to the target audience.
- In conjunction with fellow IT members, you will assist with administrating the TransFund file transfer environment by setting up and managing user access to reports and directories where automated reports are distributed.
- You will research relevant payment card industries, financial service, and TransFund line of business issues to build upon knowledge base, identifying trends and sharing insights with team.
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the TransFund data warehouse environment, and will build upon a broad understanding of the underlying technologies used in support of TransFund data operations; such as Oracle Database, Unix shell scripting, SQL, and various BI tools.
- You will research and maintain a continued education curriculum related to analytic technology, especially technologies currently in use by TransFund, such as Oracle PL/SQL and R/R Studio.
Education & Experience Requirements
This level of knowledge is normally acquired by completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics and 1-2 years of relevant professional business experience and/or the pursuit of a Master’s degree (e.g., MBA, MSF).
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex problems that include interrelationships and dependencies in order to identify common themes and solutions
- Strong aptitude to collect and analyze information and make appropriate recommendations
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and task focused
- Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively handle projects in a fast-paced, high-volume, and deadline focused environment
- Very highly detail-oriented
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills to effectively represent self and the Division, as well as the ability to present complex information and issues in a clear and concise manner
- Thorough knowledge writing and utilizing SQL queries
- General knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL objects such as procedures and packages
- General experience with data aggregation, analysis, and business reporting
- General experience with data visualization and report building/automation
- Any experience with the R programming language and R Studio helpful
- General knowledge of UNIX or similar *nix shell scripting helpful
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as Jasper Studio and Microsoft Power BI helpful
- Working knowledge of financial services and EFT Networks helpful
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.