Given the current COVID-19 global pandemic, this event is virtual this fall. The Poole College of Management has partnered with Career Fair Plus to offer students and employers a virtual networking experience that will be beneficial to both parties.
Unlike in-person career fairs, students will be pitching and interviewing, rather than pitching alone.
The main career fair event is on Friday, September 25, 2020. There is a networking event for supply chain students the day before, Thursday, September 24, 2020.
Supply Chain Event – September 30, 2021, 5:30 – 8:00pm Eastern if in person, 1:00 – 4:00pm Eastern if virtual
Career Fair – October 1, 2021, 10:00 – 3:00pm Eastern if in person, 9:00 – 4:00pm Eastern if virtual
Use this URL to find our Career Fair Resources
The below headings are toggle links (click to open the link, click to close the link)
Employer “Room” Set-up
Employers will set up virtual interview rooms starting August 8, 2020. They will set up new rooms as interview schedules fill up and as new companies sign up. Unlike an in-person career fair, students will have to visit the virtual career fair (directions below) and sign up for an interview slot. Interview rooms will be identified by employer, position, and student profile (ie MBA student). On the day of the fair, students will arrive 5 – 10 minutes before their appointed interview time. Recruiters will open the virtual room to allow the student to interview.
Actions You Need to Take (also see “Candidate Checklist” from CareerFair Plus website)
- Download the Career Fair Plus app and desktop versions, either for iOS or Android. Next, open the app and navigate to the organization/school and the fair you are attending. Recommended browsers for Career Fair Plus are Chrome and Firefox.
- Create an account (student profile and resume) (Video instructions).
- Schedule interview slots. (Video instructions) Check employers and interview schedules early and often. Unlike an in-person career fair, there are no just-in-time schedules. Slots are first come, first serve, and will fill up early.
- From Career Fair Plus app, tap on employer, and then tap ‘Virtual Appointments’ to see schedules.
- Select targeted schedule; employers may have multiple schedules.
- Select appointment time. Hit ‘YES’ to book appointment slot.
- Day before fair log into your account ON YOUR DESKTOP (do not use mobile device), access virtual appointments schedule, and test microphone and webcam. TAKE NOTE IF EMPLOYER IS USING CAREER FAIR PLUS’ IN-BUILT MEETING ROOMS OR A VIDEO APPLICATIONS SUCH AS ZOOM.
- Day of career fair —
- Log into the app and sign into your account.
- Access your virtual appointment schedule and meet with employers.
- Use the app to help you track your appointments and make notes.
Etiquette for Entering and Exiting Interview Rooms (Video Instructions)
- At time of appointment, choose how you will be joining the meeting (always choose video unless employer states differently.
- Preview your appearance.
- “Knock” to be admitted.
- Tap “leave” when interview is completed.
Best Practices to Impress
- Best browsers to utilize platform are Chrome & Firefox.
- One-page resumes preferred. Please upload your latest version when creating your account. Ensure your phone number is accurate as an employer may need to call if you get disconnected from video chat.
- Wear appropriate business attire (top & bottom).
- Use a computer, and not your phone, for your interview. Ensure that computer, microphone, and webcam are working properly.