Conference Dates: October 6 – 9, 2020
Career Expo Dates and Times: October 9 2020
URL: https://mbaveterans.com/key-details/Conference Attire: Business Dress
Registration, Schedule & Costs:
What is it like? What can I expect to happen there? What should I be doing when I’m there?This is a virtual event. You will obtain access to employer postings and participation instructions after you register.
How will the CMC support me?Before the conference, the career center will work with students to prepare their resumes. The career coaches will help to ensure your resume is tailored to reflect the needs of the prospective employers you are looking to meet.
The career center will also help students practice pitches, identify and target companies, and plan schedules.
Your Next Steps
- Register – Register now. After registering, you will get access to the job board and any other resources to get ready and answer questions for the conference.
- Tell the career center on 12Twenty that you intend to come.
- [For Working Professionals] Make yourself eligible for MBA program-hosted employer relations. You can technically sign up for the career expo without the career center knowing; however, your ROI will be much greater if you collaborate with us in your preparation.
- Resume Prep – Prepare your résumé, pitch, and approach strategy and meet with your career coach – Jane Mehringer (FY MBAs), Caren Howley (SY MBAs), Ed Kato (WP MBAs), or John Hutchings (WP MBAs). You should have a targeted résumé and pitch for each company you plan on approaching. You also want to review and update your cover letters.
- Explore the MBAVeterans website and job board, plot your target company approach strategy. Research companies. Many companies are lining up their interview schedules NOW before the career expo.
- Practice your interview skills with your career coach and the InterviewStream virtual interview tool.