Full Job Description
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Assists with the identification of market trends, issues and competitive environment and assists the Brand Management group with the formulation of strategic plans for product brands. Supports Brand Managers in the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands and creating new products. Assists with the evaluating the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participates in the marketing development effort to bring new products from concept through commercialization including market exit.
- Prepares and maintains Global Sales Data and reports on a monthly basis in conjunction with Finance.
- Works closely with Sales Training to ensure all proper information is provided for new products and assists with Sales Training when necessary.
- Assists in answering product questions from Distributors, Sales Associates and customers.
- Develops and maintains a high level of product category knowledge.
- Must be proficient with commonly used software.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to assist in the formulation of strategic and creative marketing plans.
- Assists with the preparation and finalization of business cases with input from all regions and assists with preparing business cases for presentation to the Zimmer Operating Committee.
- Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers.
- Support the assessment of brand viability relative to existing products with new product offerings to enhance overall brand offering.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and end-user needs and product positioning relative to the competition.
- Must be proficient with commonly used software
B.S. degree, preferably including formal studies in business.
2-4 years product management experience or sales experience in healthcare.
An MBA is preferred but not required.
Up to 20%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.