Full Job Description
Zapproved is seeking a strong Financial Analyst to join our fast-growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. This position will directly partner with business leaders on a daily basis and will be responsible for financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis to provide business insights into key initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and iteration; dives deep into data to find the root cause of problems, is detail oriented and has the ability to work well with cross-functional leadership teams.
Who We Are:
We are a team that acts with honesty, integrity, and transparency. We take risks, stay humble, and are not afraid to fail. At Zapproved, you are empowered to work in the ways that support you to be real, be your best and get things done. We are a remote first company, and currently have employees located in OR, CA, WA, AZ, TX, TN, GA, FL and PA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll…
- Partner with Zapproved’s finance team and cross-functional business leaders to analyze and develop the financial elements of business strategies, and provide clear and concise recommendations based on that analysis
- Build and maintain detailed corporate financial models with an ability to run various operating scenarios
- Maintain cross-functional reports that involve the aggregation of data from multiple sources
- Manage / navigate EPM, ERP, CRM software applications to report results and find key learnings / indicators of business performance
- Assist the accounting team with close tasks and general support as needed
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2-4+ years as a financial analyst or equivalent experience
- Proven financial modeling and analysis skills
- Exposure to Revenue accounting/forecasting and project tracking
- Excellent skills in communicating, listening, planning, and time management
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong aptitude with Excel and PowerPoint and/or open source equivalent
- Experience working in ERP, EPM, CRM software tools like Intacct, Vena, Salesforce.com or equivalent systems
What Would Be Nice:
- MBA/Masters in Accountancy
- Experience supporting a software company in growth phase (especially SaaS)
- Experience working with / implementing a rolling forecast process
- Experience with cash flow forecasting
- Experience collaborating with a full-cycle accounting team and an understanding of the monthly cadence of closing the books
We are interested in every qualified candidate with authorization to work in the United States. However, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
How to Apply:
Feeling inspired? We want to meet you! Please provide your resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a link to a portfolio of your work. We read cover letters to better understand your skills, motivations, and what makes you tick – so feel free to dispense with the formalities and share with us why this seems like the best opportunity for you. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please notify a representative of the Zapproved Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please be cautious regarding illegitimate job ads or phishing scams. Zapproved’s open positions will be posted on our careers page, and we encourage applicants to apply directly there. If you receive any suspicious messages claiming to be from Zapproved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Zapproved:
Founded and headquartered in Portland, OR, Zapproved is the leading ediscovery software provider for managing corporate litigation readiness. Our Z-Discovery Suite returns power to in-house legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, setting new standards for scalability and intuitive design.
We take pride in fostering an inclusive culture where diversity and innovation are celebrated, because they deliver the best results. Zapproved is proud to employ a diverse workforce, and committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.