Full Job Description
The Platform Finance Director (PFD) will provide business unit leadership to a portion of the Program Controller team. In addition he / she will carry “player / coach” responsibility and manage an assigned product either in launch or current production.
Provide leadership and standardization to the Program Controllers, who are responsible for the financial management of assigned products for current production and launch vehicles.
The PFD will supervise the Program Controller role(s), and support the Finance Director of the business unit.
The PFD will direct the activity and be responsible for all major quoting activity for his / her assigned area of product/platform with the business unit.
The PFD will review business cases and CAR’s for their programs.
They will be responsible for managing launch programs using the Metrics system as well as caring for all related BOS activities.
1. Develop New Business Plans which assess Return on Sales and Return on Investment;
2. Work with a complex bill of material to understand and cost a product;
3. Work with a variety of manufacturing processes and related costs;
4. Develop competitive pricing strategies;
5. Develop proformas for new manufacturing facilities;
6. Attend project team meetings;
7. Follow-up on open financial issues until they are resolved;
8. Perform monthly financial updates for top management;
9. Accomplish key financial measures;
10. Control development spending;
11. Initiate product cost reduction efforts;
12. Conduct Performance reviews for their direct reports;
13. Mentoring and coaching of their direct reports;
14. Capital Appropriation Request preparation and submission.
: Four year college degree in Business or Finance· Advanced degree such as an MBA or professional accreditation (CPA, CMA) is preferred
1. Outstanding customer communication skills;
2. Minimum of 5 years experience related to financial management or project management in a manufacturing environment; ideal candidate will possess 3+ year’s AFM / PFD experience;
3. Proven excellence in supervisory role;
4. Strong Leadership Skills (strategic and analytical);
5. Proven teamwork skills;
6. Understanding of YFAI’s financial systems (Hyperion and METRIX) and processes.
41935 W Twelve Mile Rd
General / Corporate Accounting
Jun 7, 2021, 10:50:53 AM