Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that our success depends on our ability to provide the highest level of support and solutions for our customers. As the Manager, Operational Financial Planning and Analysis (OFP&A) you will partner with operations leadership to serve as the liaison between Operations and Finance, acting as an advisor, hands-on problem solver and facilitator for more productive conversations and decision making. Join us at XPO and we’ll give you the tools and support you need to excel at your job, while building a career you’ll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Collaborate with executive and operations management to develop and implement strategies; run scenario analyses to understand the financial impact of operational changes
- Partner with Operations to manage financial expectations, uncover opportunities and highlight risks
- Utilize KPIs to ensure the success of initiatives related to operational performance, labor efficiencies, regional wage analysis, price, automation savings, predictability and forecast accuracy
- Ensure profitability targets are being met; evaluate potential return on invested capital for proposed projects and assist in setting and tracking targets for pricing and wage increases
- Identify methods to monitor performance against original assumptions; convert pricing models to operational forecasts/targets/budgets and develop detective controls and predictive indicators
- Assist in the month-end close process, functioning as an XPO finance liaison at site, customer and vertical operations levels
- Oversee work product of off-shore resources
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in a financial role
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle), HFM, financial planning software, Microsoft BI and related technologies
- Experience with large databases with the ability to utilize data from various BI systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
It’d be great if you also have:
- MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA or applicable professional designation
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma management concepts and/or certifications
- Controllership experience in supply chain/logistics, manufacturing or service organization
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.