$66,000 – $94,000 a year
Pulled from the full job description
Dependent care reimbursement
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Show 7 more benefits
Full Job Description
Perform and coordinate the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of financial information, including financial reporting, budget creation, and financial analysis. Provide proactive, clear and actionable recommendations and alternatives to management. Document key processes and internal control points for reporting to management. Direct activities of other analysts as appropriate.
- Perform ongoing tracking, analysis and revisions as required for supported areas of O&M and capital costs. Work with Business Area leaders to provide projections of the impact of deviations on the financial outlook for the remainder of the year. Prepare internal and external reports, and identify and resolve moderate to complex data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact. Effectively communicate results through concise oral and written communications.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management for the annual budget process, as well as modeling, analysis and financial support for current year and five year forecasting.
- Document key processes of supported areas to ensure consistency and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- Prepare rate case information and analysis as required to support submission. Assist in performing regulatory support for requests or associated schedules.
- Performs and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum four years experience in general financial accounting or analysis.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, customer service, and relationship building desired.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Minneapolis || MN – Minneapolis; CO – Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75000:Business Area Finance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay – Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 41746
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com