2 years 0 months
Washington, DC,United States
12/1/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is seeking an Upstream analyst responsible for supporting the design, execution and monitoring of Upstream projects in the financial sector in Latin America & the Caribbean. IFC’s new focus on Upstream is meant to proactively create conditions that result in the movement of capital into private sector investments in the countries where we work. This is strategic business development in markets or sectors where ready-to-finance projects are not yet available, yet significant development gaps exist. Upstream activities occur before the traditional investment project cycle and are necessary precursors. They can be accomplished as quickly as in a few months or take several years.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide research and analysis on relevant trends, markets and companies, including demand & supply assessments, stakeholder mapping and firm-level performance analyses.
- Support project execution, management and monitoring by the FIG Upstream team in Latin America & Caribbean.
- Assess market gaps and barriers to identify Upstream opportunities and inform project design.
- Analyze financial statements, investigate project bankability and help structure paths to investment.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, tailor and present data for various audiences, and maintain information as appropriate.
- Up to 2 years of experience in investment or project management roles in banking, finance, consulting or another knowledge-based work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, or other relevant field; MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
- Strong analytical, research and presentation skills; ability to extract insights from different markets, sectors and projects and to synthesize them in coherent products that support project design.
- Robust understanding of financial institutions, common investment products and bankability criteria.
- Exposure to design, management and monitoring of projects and initiatives.
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail/quality.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish/Portuguese.
- Willingness to travel throughout Latin America & Caribbean
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.