3 years 0 months
Washington, DC,United States
French and Spanish
2/24/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For the fiscal year that ended on Jun 2018, MIGA issued $5.55 billion in guarantees and had a gross outstanding portfolio of $23.3 billion. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s strategic priorities focus on investments in IDA countries; investments in conflict-afflicted environments; support for innovative deals; and projects with positive climate change impact.
MIGA’s Operations Department (MIGOP) is seeking highly qualified Operations Analysts who are proactive, client-focused, results-oriented and team players to join a fast-paced working environment. These positions are part of the Global Transaction Team (GTT), which is led by MIGOP’s Associate Director. The Operations Analyst positions will be based in Washington, D.C. The Analyst will conduct independent research, analysis, and project management tasks. He/She will both provide support to the Team and participate as a Team Member on select transactions, primarily related to financial modeling, credit analysis, and business development. Project, contract, and data management are an integral part of the responsibilities of the analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Among other duties the analyst will be called upon to:
- Assist in underwriting PRI and sovereign risk guarantees in various sectors and support team members on complex transactions with an emphasis on financial modeling and credit analysis;
- Prepare sections of relevant reports (sector updates, sub-sector information, strategy documents, briefing notes, underwriting papers, etc.) and contribute to the formulation of conclusions and recommendations;
- Research structures and participants of various projects;
- Research and identify investor/sector conferences relevant for sectors and regions;
- Write routine reports independently, including minutes of meetings;
- Conduct independent research on various topics across different sectors and regions, including preparation of briefing notes for senior management; background information and financial analysis of specific companies; trends in foreign direct investment (FDI); identification of business opportunities across sectors and regions.
- Work as transaction analyst in support of Underwriters on transactions with emphasis on financial modeling and credit analysis skills;
- Collect data, analyze and synthesis data from public and WBG sources for business development and project assessment;
- Prepare presentations and talking points for team and other groups in MIGA;
- As required, provide analytical support in respect of portfolio management activities.
- Must have a Master’s degree (e.g., MBA, finance or related field) and at least two years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in project / export finance, investment banking, corporate finance and/or credit analysis work for a major bank/financial institution, management consulting firm, or trading company;
- Excellent knowledge of excel and ability to develop complex financial models;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance;
- Ability to think independently, analyze problems and identify appropriate solutions;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels (inside and outside MIGA) with demonstrated team spirit and responsiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of other language(s) especially Spanish or French, a plus.
- WBG Competencies:
- Deliver Results to Clients: Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
- Collaborates within team and across boundaries.
- Lead and Innovate: Brings new and different insights.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Actively contributes to and readily applies WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions.
- Make Smart Decisions: Leverages available data and makes timely decisions.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.