This position reports to another leader within the finance organization and is responsible for designated finance activities. Designated finance activities may include, but are not limited to, various areas of financial accounting and reporting and financial planning and analysis for a particular portion of a group or global support service organization. This position also works across business groups in various areas.
- Works independently or leads one or more other finance professionals to achieve the objectives of assigned responsibilities, driving a lean/continuous improvement climate.
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining, coaching and developing team members.
- Effectively manages department resources through organizing and prioritizing work assignments. May be involved in directing the work of others.
- May serve as an integral member of the staff of a leader (such as a site leader) on an indirect reporting line basis.
- Acts as a financial consultant to non-finance leaders and members in the organization
- Coordinates with other finance team leaders and members to analyze and interpret monthly, quarterly and annual financial results compared against budgets, forecasts, and prior periods
- Responsible for all accounting processes, leading to the timely and accurate reporting of financial results for the specific responsibility area and in compliance with established internal control guidelines
- Effectively communicates financial results and the results of financial analysis to others within the organization, in small and large group settings
- Coordinates internal control monitoring (including SOX) and external and internal audits for areas within scope of responsibilities
- May lead or participate in global projects as assigned.
- May direct the specific planning activities of analysts and/or accountants at other locations, as needed, to ensure regional/segment consistency.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and various financial analysis tools, such as discounted cash flows, activity-based management, and variance analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, and written/oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills conducive to fostering a lean/continuous improvement environment
- Skilled in use of computer software, systems and tools
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including cross-organizational
- Effectively makes recommendations and influences decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Demonstrates sound and logical thought processes when making decisions and giving direction
- Strong understanding of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced credentials such as MBA or CPA a plus (or international equivalent)
4 years accounting and financial experience
Materials and Equipment Used
Standard Office Equipment – Telephone, Copier/Fax, Computer
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
- General office environment
- Domestic and international business trave
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Rockford, Rock Cut Campus
Schedule FULL TIME