Job Summary :
This position reports directly to and works under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance. The role requires high-level analytical and financial modeling skills. The ideal candidate will be capable of working with minimal supervision after training is completed. He or she should be well organized and have exceptional time management skills.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of complex financial forecasts and report variances
- Develop financial models and perform monthly variance analysis throughout the year to assist leadership in identifying causes and potential solutions for material variances.
- Track and identify financial trends
- Work closely with the other finance managers on the Budget and Decision Support team, along with the other members of the Wayne Health Finance Department.
- Primary financial liaison to Wayne Health’s Center for Population Health Accountability (CPHA)
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Licensure/Certification, and Training Required for the Job:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. MBA is highly desirable.
- 5 + years of related experience
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of accounting and business practices and principles
- Demonstrates team experience and collaborative approach to solving problems
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal correspondence
- Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting
- Strong organizational skills; must be detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet deadlines.
- Workday experience preferred
Wayne State University Physician Group is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer