Full Job Description
- School Business Administrator Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in accounting, finance or business administration
- 3 years experience in Municipal/Public School Finance
- 3 years experience in high level administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A thorough knowledge of accepted accounting principles and practices. School district and school building based budget practicing knowledge.
- Proven ability in financial management
- Knowledge of electronic data processing systems.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Business Management. Strong preference to those holding a degree as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- 5 years experience in Municipal/Public School Finance
Superintendent of Schools or Assistant Superintendent of Schools
- Secretary to the Director of Finance
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for the efficient operation and management of the Warwick Public Schools financial systems so as to provide the best possible educational services within the resources available.
- Responsible for all financial accounting systems including financial forecasting and reporting, budget preparation, cash flow reporting, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, year end financial reporting, Federal and State reports, Statewide UCOA (Uniform Chart of Accounts) and auditing.
- Arranges for the internal auditing of all school accounts and financial procedures.
- Functions as the District’s liaison with all local, regional, State, Federal and private funding and financial oversight authorities.
- Supervises the collection, safekeeping and distribution of all funds
- Maintains all required statistical data for the preparation of the budget, strategic long range planning and decision making.
- Prepares and submits all financial statements and projections to the School Committee through the Superintendent of Schools.
- Administers the District’s liability insurance and asset protection programs.
- Supervises all Business office personnel.
- Advises the Superintendent on the school budget and financial matters.
- Attend School Committee Meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
52 week year. Salary as determined by the School Committee. Range of $117,500 – $119,300.
Annual by the Superintendent of Schools or Assistant Superintendent of Schools