Sr Financial Analyst
Location Burbank, California
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full Time
Job ID 180506BR
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst for the Tech Strategy & Program Ops: Program Ops department.
Warner Bros. has established a four-year technology program to deliver two brand new iconic office buildings that combine state-of-the-art technology with dynamic architecture to accelerate our competitive advantages and create an inspired environment for our employees. This is an opportunity for the right person to get in on the ground floor as we not only reimagine our workspace but also our future.
WarnerMedia Technology and Operations is seeking a skilled & energetic Program Finance Lead for the role of Second Century Program Finance Lead. As part of the Second Century program team, your primary responsibilities are to provide clarity and alignment across stakeholders on program financial workstream processes, support and management of the program financial workstream. You are also responsible for developing and managing the financial practices required to ensure appropriate financial planning and tracking is timely and accurate across all program workstreams
- Ensure ongoing conformity of program and project financial management with established business unit and WarnerMedia corporate practices
- Conduct monthly financial close and reforecasting activities, quarterly corporate forecasting, long range planning and other periodic budgeting exercises with the support of underlying project teams
- Monitor changes to existing financial processes due to WM business restructuring and re-align program financial management activities and artifacts with the broader changes, as needed
- 2. Ensure additional program specific needs are met
- Financial tracking, analysis and reporting are managed in a timely fashion to support financial reporting cycles and adhoc needs
- Support tracking and management of financial workstream activities, dependencies, and deliverables
- Support establishment and facilitation of program financial review meetings, and solicit or produce related reports
- Maintain decisions and issues log to document financial workstreams decisions and challenges
- Roll up financial program management to WBT portfolio manager
- Onboard new workstream and project management personnel to program financial management practices as needed
- Follow up and escalate as needed to ensure timely completion of activities
- Identify and document opportunities for process improvements and adoption of industry best practices
- 5+ years related experience
- Financial management in technology programs, PMO’s, or in real estate design and construction technology projects (preferably in a more recent corporate project with “open workplace” concept and collaboration and productivity enablement as a priority)
- BSBA or MBA preferred
- PMI or equivalent professional certificate preferred
- Finance related degree or certifications a bonus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects and office products a requirement
- Good communications, financial, and change management skills
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities across cross-functional workstreams and work within the constructs of a broader multi-phased program
- Experience in the entertainment industry, preferably across ideation, production, and delivery workflows is preferred
- Deliverables to be maintained on an ongoing basis
- Monthly financial close reconciliation and reporting for program
- Consolidated monthly close report at project level with program wide roll-up
- Updates to capital and operating budget work artifacts
- Financial performance slides for business unit and technology status/update reporting
- Continuous updates to the program level financial tracker for (committed and actual spend, etc.)
- Other financial analysis and reporting activities as needed
- Business case, vendor selection, and technology options analysis
- Energetic, well organized, agile and collaborative, and a self-starter
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.