Union Standard Insurance Group offers commercial property and casualty products and services through independent agents in Arizona, Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. We maintain a strong local presence in each of our markets, keeping underwriting and support close to the customer.
Now more than ever, financial strength is critical to a successful, long term insurance relationship. Union Standard is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, whose insurance company subsidiaries are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a major role in all aspects of financial analysis for multiple business units within W. R. Berkley Corporation, including Union Standard Insurance Group. The Senior Financial Analyst will have daily interaction with business unit management teams and function leaders and will perform an interesting mix of core responsibilities and assist with key initiatives. The Senior Financial Analyst will have a continuous improvement mindset, with the opportunity to utilize technology to enhance efficiencies and optimally review and analyze key performance indicators.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To The Following For Multiple Business Units
- Financial analysis.
- Key performance indicators, dashboards and scorecards.
- Operating plans, budgets and reforecasts.
- Corporate initiatives.
- Business unit initiatives.
- Continuous improvement and enhanced efficiencies.
- Leverage technology.
- Issue resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- CPA and/or CMA (or equivalent) or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience.
- Minimum 5 years of financial systems experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Property and Casualty insurance industry preferred.
- Advanced financial application and/or data management skills (i.e., Excel and SQL, etc.).