Vogt Power International specializes in the design, manufacturing and supply of Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG). The Aftermarket Account Manager is responsible for negotiating commercial contracts and supervising technical negotiations on all contracts for the accounts assigned. Assumes complete responsibility, technically and commercially, for all proposals relative to these accounts. Ensures maximum customer satisfaction
- Responsible for Aftermarket sales for all product and service opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Assists in development and implementation of sales strategies, promotional activities, etc., to attain plan forecast for Aftermarket.
- Develop indicative pricing and perform early engineering analysis in support of opportunity development.
- Maintains sufficient contact with current Aftermarket customers and establishes relationships with potential new customers.
- Works closely with BPI Sales Representatives and Reps in assigned territory to ensure Aftermarket has an adequate and effective customer coverage program. Requests support from home office, as may be required.
- Manages customer accounts.
- Identifies and analyzes markets and profiles plants & customers, assisting the home office in business development.
- Provides feedback and support to VP of Aftermarket, Product Managers, Proposal Engineers, etc.
- Maintains accurate and timely oral and written communications to keep home office apprised of sales activities, leads, plant level feedback and recommended bid/win strategies regarding all Aftermarket products and services.
- Provides input to forecasts, schedules, and priorities for AFT activities and support from other departments to meet required deliverables and customer requirements.
- Reviews project specifications and ensure compliance.
- Assists in proposal and contract development, which may include reviews, evaluation and coordination efforts, creation of RFQ’s and proposal documents, and commercial items.
- Other activities as may be required to support Aftermarket and/or as assigned by the VP of Aftermarket.
- Position will require travel to plants, customers, conferences, shows, etc.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- BS in Engineering or related field, Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA.
- Minimum 3 years of HRSG experience
- Travel 50%-75%
- Excellent customer relationship skills, good written & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated product knowledge, technical competency in solving problems. Past performance and related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and business skills required.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of boiler operations, design philosophy, principles and details of application.
- Working knowledge of various codes (ASME, NBIC, B31.1, etc.) and product application preferred.
- Must be resourceful, focused, energetic, organized, and able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to requests.
- Must be physically able to inspect boiler drums, closed spaces, climb steps, and work at heights of ~ 100 feet.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport and be able to travel when required.