We are preparing for the transformation of VMware to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unified Customer Experience and Success Team. This has been the result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success. We have brought together various key functions and roles that are crucial to our customers’ experience. This includes Customer Success, Global Services, Technical Support, Premier Support, Technical Account Management and Professional Services.
Our goal is to create an integrated and agile team that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale, across our five solution areas. We lead by putting the customer at the center of everything we do. This new organization will be better positioned to guide our customers proactively and prescriptively to value realization outcomes. We will do so through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences. Our teams will lead the way servicing our customers directly and help scale partner resources to do the same. Furthermore, we expect this team and with laser-focused commitment to our customers to help accelerate VMware’s evolution to a software-as-a-service company and significantly raise VMware’s Net-Promoter Score (NPS).
The Customer Success Operations mission: Deliver the single source of truth for actionable customer intelligence along customer journeys through a consistent, repeatable and scalable customer success engine across VMware. CS Operations Deliverables include:
- Robust customer health score
- Consistent metrics: NPS, PSAT, CSAT
- Early warning system
- Actionable customer success management playbooks
- Impactful enablement for customers and partners
Job Role and Responsibility
The Strategy, Planning and Communications team is responsible for defining and executing the Customer Success strategy aligned to corporate priorities and informed by analytics and customer insights, and lead and drive annual planning efforts.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing/ executing strategic & operational planning design, defining strategic initiatives and influencing the ecosystem through excellence in communication:
- Support the definition & communication of the Customer Success Strategy
- Support the development of Roadmap and Operational Plan
- Support / drive CS planning process, align priorities and investments with CS leadership, and interlock with Finance partners and corporate planning teams
- Responsible for analytical projects e.g., coverage models, target account lists, propensity analysis to support CS strategies
- In addition, the team has responsibility to launch key CS Transformation initiatives; you will be responsible for managing select initiatives through successful launch & delivery
- Establish partnership/advisory relationship with program sponsor and key stakeholders
- Define milestones & key deliverables & required supporting teams
- Align and coordinate cross-functional global teams and support
- Provide status updates & escalations where required
- The role will require working closely with Finance, EDA, Operations, HR & other business partners across VMW
- 2+ years post-MBA or equivalent experience
- Top strategy consulting, or Corporate/BU/Sales Strategy & Planning in a tech firm
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and creatively, exercise judgment, and synthesize into a compelling story (written and verbal) to gain buy in and drive outcomes
- Excellent organization skills; experience maintaining detailed project plans, meeting deadlines, and proactively surfacing risks and issues
- Passion for Customer Success and delivering value-realization outcomes to our customers
- Deep empathy for stakeholders and customers
- High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced, start-up style environment
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.