98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
You’ve seen the disruption in the IT industry driven by the cloud, devops and containers, and believe that it represents a huge opportunity for the right approach. You realize the challenge and importance of bringing clear visibility, insightful analytics and powerful automation to our users in simple, elegant and delightful ways.
We are a practical, results-driven, user-focused team of product managers, UX designers, software engineers and data scientists dedicated to developing a state-of-the-art SaaS solution that will change the way our users view and control their cloud infrastructure.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be joining a focused team with a mature approach to building and delivering product. We believe that how we work and the culture we embody is the key to our effectiveness and satisfaction. We think about this a lot. You will help us continue to refine and improve our approach.
You will be given ownership and autonomy to think strategically and make decisions to drive significant impact on our business. This summer you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Collaborate with a diverse team including engineering, UX and customer success to deliver our product to market and drive customer adoption
- Engage with our customers, business leaders and other key players to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and market opportunities for our products
- Develop and communicate product vision and strategy
- Translate customer needs into actionable requirements for our world-class engineering team to execute on
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA degree with BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of work experience prior to business school in product management, product marketing or software development
- Strong knowledge of modern application development technologies and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Experience in SaaS application development and public clouds, such as AWS and Azure
- Experience in DevOps processes and tools – continuous integration, continuous delivery, testing, configuration management, monitoring.
- Experience with enterprise software and knowledge of VMware products