Full Job Description
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Senior Manager, Visa DPS Issuer Processing and Enablement, is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing processing relationship and sales strategies for Financial Institutions and Fintech partners. The Senior Manager must possess and maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of DPS processing systems (DPS Core, DPS+) and value-added products and services. This position is responsible for negotiating contractual arrangements and selling Visa DPS product and service offerings into a targeted book of existing business (banks, credit unions, and financial technology companies). The position will work closely with internal and external partners to develop strategic account plans and to ensure appropriate communication flows to deepen business relationships. A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, possess an exemplary record of client facing interactions, and have a proven track record of execution in their prior role(s). Candidate must be hyper-organized and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Act as Visa DPS consultant to client executive management, providing ongoing strategic market insights,
portfolio performance analyses, industry benchmarking, and growth and portfolio optimization recommendations.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships within existing business for accepting and deploying Visa DPS products and services.
- Introduce and sell product solutions to support strategies and account plan.
- Develop and execute customized relationship and sales plans to increase Visa DPS processing volume and expand penetration of Visa DPS products and solutions.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the relationship and sales management and direction of the business and the clients.
- Utilize a consultative relationship and sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized.
- Continuously review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa and client’s business.
- Collaborate with the product management team regarding new product development.
- Foster a deep level of engagement between the client and the Visa DPS client services organization.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer’s business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Act as “eyes and ears in the market” for the DPS Processing Product group, identifying opportunities and issues that will drive overall DPS Processing Product strategy and execution.
- Maintain knowledge across all the DPS Issuer Processing platform and Value-Added Services.
Unique Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments.
- Strong understanding of Visa and DPS functionality.
- Knowledge of the processing environment, key players, and market positions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships across all levels of management.
- Keen interest in innovation and technology.
- Exceptional ability to manage & foster internal and external resources and cross-functional relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating in an environment synonymous with change.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience with Payment Industry required; Experience with Issuer Processing preferred.
- Proven track record of successful sales and/or relationship management.
- Experience in executing effective sales strategies for new payment products and services preferred.
- Experience with FI relationships, analysis, finance, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client performance, identify opportunities, bring together the resources to develop creative solutions, and execute upon these solutions.
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships with all levels of the client’s organization.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement.
- Ability to travel as needed to ensure adequate on-site interaction with the client.
- Exceptional customer service and advocacy experience/mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Varies upon the needs of the department
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The position, for ONLY Colorado, starts at $100,100. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity.