Full Job Description
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position will partner with the various stakeholders throughout Visa to develop and manage legal binding agreements and contracts from approved financial proposals. This person will be an advocate for the Sales organization (e.g., Co-branding, Financial Institution Sales, DPS, Prepaid, Commercial, Merchant Acceptance, etc.) while working closely with Finance, Legal, Strategy and Audit. Position will also develop and manage the agreements that can range from Non-Disclosure agreements to more complicated agreements such as merchant acceptance agreements, master service agreements, Signature account agreements, etc
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Contract development, contract approval coordination, contract file and database management, recurring and ad hoc reporting, etc.
- Facilitate and participate in contract negotiations with internal partners and external parties
- Document contract changes from initial draft through final execution
- Distribute contracts (pre and post signature) to appropriate parties
- Collaborate with Finance to fulfill Visa payment obligations
- Liaise with Sales, Finance, Legal, Strategy and Audit to ensure contracts are developed and approved promptly
- Assist with contract administration activities, including but not limited to record maintenance, database management and other post-execution assistance
- Participate in special assignments and provide ad hoc support and reporting as required
Position must be based in our Miami office location. No relocation assistance will be provided.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong understanding of Visa Products and Services
- Background and knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred: the payment services industry and related credit and debit processing industries, banking and financial institutions laws and regulations, and/or antitrust and competition law.
- Previous contract writing experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with management and leaders across various functions throughout Visa
- Manages well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work independently
- Superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills
- Great interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Required)
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Apttus or similar contract management software (preferred)
Work hours: 8 hours – Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings –
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.