As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The U.S. Client Marketing team, part of the overall North America Marketing organization, is transforming how we partner with clients to drive engagement, through a proactive and results driven marketing approach. As part of the U.S. Client Marketing team, the marketing manager will be responsible for delivering the marketing advisory solutions for Visa’s regional and community issuer clients. The Marketing Manager will engage with teams across Visa and its clients to deliver thought leadership advisory services and/or execute marketing programs to help grow our clients’ payment card business, and drive incremental client and Visa revenue.
You will be responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies and partnership initiatives to grow Visa’s business with Visa’s regional issuer clients, through the activation of Visa marketing analyses, platforms/initiatives and strategic use of sponsorship assets. This manager is responsible for building partnership relationships with the cross-functional team, including Sales, Product, Marketing and agencies to deliver best-in-class marketing plans that drive business goals for both Visa and its clients.
This Manager must be able to thrive in a fast-moving, highly matrixed environment. You are results-oriented, flexible, with a “can do”, positive attitude. Additionally, you have a strong track record in working collaboratively and independently with internal team members and external clients.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 5-8 years business experience, with majority in marketing or consulting roles that involved project management, marketing or business strategy, product launches or planning
You have prior experience in financial services, payment or consulting
You have strong executive presence and comfort leading discussions with clients
You have strong analytical skills and feel comfortable with number
Strong written and in-person communication skills
You are a team player with experience coordinating cross functional, end-to-end projects that included a high level of detail and ability to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met
You are elf-motivated and proactive in asking questions / proposing solutions
You have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Power Point and Word
Willingness to travel – less than 10% of the time
You have prior experience with issuer marketing and/or payment industry and/or consulting experience preferred
You have prior experience in designing and executing multichannel marketing campaigns (i.e. paid social, search engine marketing, paid social, email, direct mail etc.) across the marketing lifecycle (acquisition, usage, retention, loyalty)
- You will lead the strategy and execution on key marketing advisory topics to drive client business growth, such as lifecycle marketing engagements, best practices, go-to-market recommendations, sponsorship marketing, advisory services, social/digital marketing, etc.
- You will support marketing-related project scoping and requirements while aligning with client
- You will apply data-driven approach to marketing recommendations leveraging Visa data and industry research tools to capture/communicate marketing best practices and customer insights and present to clients
- You will work cross-functionally to develop and implement marketing projects that leverage the best of Visa resources and expertise (e.g., with Sales, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Product, Marketing, Legal, etc.)
- You will lead end-to-end delivery of marketing projects, including the day-to-day prioritization of work across multiple projects, deliverables and stakeholders (e.g., develop project plan, brief with agencies and agency management, creative development, review process with legal) with limited supervisory support
- You will support the key products/marketing initiatives, e.g., NFL/Olympics promotion, PayPal marketing, Uber marketing Contactless marketing, etc.
- You will manage ad hoc requests from key stakeholders, e.g., clients, Visa senior leadership, etc.
- You will manage the budget/finance process as part of the marketing campaign execution
- You will be responsible for project timelines and budget management
- Program tracking and results management
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically up to 10%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.