Full Job Description
Join the Timberland Family
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Shanghai. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland .
Demand Planning Analyst (Timberland)
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
As a member of the Supply Chain and Demand Planning team, you will be responsible for analyzing historical data and identify current trends to build and present the unconstrained demand forecast to cross functional teams: Finance, Sales, and Merchandising. Your role will play an imperative piece of the Supply Chain business as your analysis and findings will have a direct impact on shipment forecasting, style and color forecasts, and the Timberland 5 Year Plan.
You’ll be a trusted member of our team reporting to Manager, Regional Demand Planning. You’ll collaborate and liaise with the integrated supply and demand teams and key business partners.
How you will do it:
- Prepare and facilitate monthly cross-functional demand forecast meetings with Sales, Finance, and Merchandising by analyzing historical demand and current trends with focus on reaching consensus on final forecast.
- Convert demand forecast into financial ship forecast by analyzing current order base, carry over, and ship assumptions using spreadsheet formats. Facilitate monthly meeting with Finance and Sales to recommend ship forecast and reach agreement on financial forecast submission to corporate.
- Prepare forecast reporting and demand planning metrics for monthly S&OP meetings. Recommend style and color forecasts (material level) to Merchandising and Sales by analyzing historical trends. Facilitate meetings to ensure global forecast agreement is reached at the product line level in accordance with financial and merchandising plans.
- Based on product line forecast and additional statistical forecasting methods prepare detailed forecast at style/color level for Sourcing to secure capacity. Execute product line and style level forecast by loading data into current systems to ensure correct product mix for purchasing using forecast software.
- Develop annual ship forecast for recommendation to Finance on Financial Plan by converting demand to ship goals and establishing monthly seasonality. Develop annual inventory roll based on Financial Plan for recommendation to Finance on inventory plan.
- Provide team with special reporting as required i.e. 5 Year Plan, monthly demand for high volume/multiple delivery product lines, color blank requirements, forecast accuracy (forecast vs purchase follow up) etc.
- Provide analysis and follow through for business improvements related, but not limited to, shipping, inventory, sku efficiency, systems and process.
- Deliver an accurate demand plan to achieve brand inventory and on-time targets
- Partner with Supply Planning to understand the supply demand match and collaborate with the business unit on action plans
- Develop, mentor, train peers when needed
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience : 1+ years of related experience in demand, supply, sourcing, or other related supply chain functions
Educational Position Requirements : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university (Preferred concentration in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, or Business Management) MBA/MS in Business Administration is preferred
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- What we expect you already know:
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High customer focus with an ability to drive for results.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
- Ability to work/communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Develops collaborative and diverse relationships.
- Ability to understand, assess & problem solve.
- Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing, databases).
- Preferred data management toolset: Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
- An understanding of programming languages like SQL, R and VFA are a plus.
- Familiar with Legality Forecasting System.
- VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?