The Sr. Financial Analyst is a sharp, self-starter, and motivated. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Reporting to CFO and closely with the VP of Finance/Accounting and key members of the leadership team, the Sr. Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for budget preparation, forecasting, and monthly consolidations of KPIs, business reporting, supporting the Commercial Operations, and assists in month-end closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with key Business Leaders
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Consolidate various monthly results with commentary on key drivers.
- Leads monthly spending reviews with departments and anticipates future spending.
- Provides detailed explanations and analyses on departmental spending and key drivers vs. budget and forecast on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Assists with R&D New Product modeling
- Prepares board presentations
- Compiles and presents business KPIs
- Prepares competitive analysis
- Conducts ad hoc projects or analyses
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant FP&A and Accounting working experience (journal entries, month end close, general ledger, financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, and business analytics) required, preferably in a biotech manufacturing industry or public accounting preferred.
- CPA / CMA / MBA or working toward qualification is desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills;
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel and reasonably proficient with other common applications such as MS Access, MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of NetSuite is desirable.
- Self-driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed, challenging environment with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.