You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More ® .
The Finance Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) manages and maintains the company’s formal budget process and the direct management of the business unit, subsidiary, business function or operations P&L. This position, prepares various analyses and summaries for strategic presentations, proactively forecasts future performance, and supervises monthly financial reporting. This position also collaborates extensively with the business partners it supports as well as with key functional areas such as the accounting department, finance product operations, internal audit department, and SIOP department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors. Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s strategies and objectives to drive key business results. Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Perform various financial analyses to assist management/department heads to gain an understanding of their budget position, forecast and actual spending. Prepare presentations, as needed, for dealer meetings, employee meetings, quarterly reviews, and exec team meetings.
3. Provide explanations of budget performance to those within the business unit, subsidiary, business function or operations. Draw conclusions through data analytics that lead the business unit to project future results.
4. Assist in the annual physical inventory, and gathering the financial reporting needed to complete the audit.
5. Participate in the SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Planning) monthly business cycle to directly understand the linkage between sales, engineering, procurement, & operations. Utilize information to generate a weekly forecast of projected monthly sales and profitability for the business unit as well as the yard inventory turns and management of aging inventory
6. Lead financial strategic and tactical planning efforts to develop an annual business plan.
7. Determine best practices to meet objectives and maintain accounting controls and standardization across the organization.
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year college degree with a major in finance and/or accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial or manufacturing accounting; and/or equivalent education and experience, required.
- MBA a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting strongly preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge in the area(s) of accounting and lean financial processes.
- Ability to collaborate with leaders across the business unit at various levels in the business.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and balance requests to produce accurate, professional and complete documents on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and coworkers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills with the flexibility and ability to work with several areas and levels within the business.
- Ability to work with numerous reports/documents containing confidential information.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
CPA or CMA preferred.
Up to 5% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com .