Manager, Customer Insights
You know Valvoline, right? We’re a household name. We’re one of the most recognized and respected premium brands in the global automotive lubricant industry, we have a presence in more than 140 countries, and our customers have trusted us for 150 years. But at Valvoline, we’re never idle, so we still have work to do. We need good people to help us achieve our vision to build the world’s leading engine- and automotive-maintenance business. That’s where you come in. Do you love collaborating with team members? Are you ready for a rewarding job that will help you grow your career? If so, join us.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Manager, Customer Insights. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing Customer Satisfaction Program
- Managing VIOC’s transactional survey program (300,000 surveys/year).
- Managing the vendor relationship
- Increasing store employee commitment to improving customer satisfaction and celebrating successes when we deliver a great experience in-store
- Implementing program enhancements.
- Delivering actionable insights from the survey that help us drive measurable improvements in the business
- Providing Leadership to Customer Insights Team
- Establishing an Insights team, assembling the owners of all sources of voice-of-the-customer (VOC) feedback to gain a deeper shared understanding of issues, trends, opportunities and areas of success
- Assembling previously siloed data streams into a single view. Make VOC data available widely throughout the organization
- Refining the customer journey map to uncover and improve moments of truth
- Facilitating an understanding of what is important to the customer and how the organization is performing relative to customer needs
- Driving Implementation of Solutions
- Partnering with Operations, Training, Marketing, Technology, Customer Care, Project Management to refine action plans and implement initiatives
- Partnering with Customer Experience on in-store messaging and operations processes.
- Monitoring the in-market performance of specific initiatives.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ degree in in business, marketing, psychology, communications or similar field
- Minimum 5 years work experience in data analytics working with large data sets; database management experience
- Minimum 5 years in customer experience management
- Proven track recording driving positive change in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Must be able to analyze various types of data (ex., qualitative and quantitative); assemble large data sets into a single view; and distill complex data into simply-stated insights that can be communicated across the organization. Must have a curious mindset.
- Must be an adept influencer to gain support for ideas despite a lack of formal authority
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization, from front line staff through senior executives
- Must be an advocate for the consumer
- Must develop consumer-grounded, breakthrough ideas that drive meaningful customer experience improvements and differentiation in the marketplace
- Must be able to get things done. Will be required to organize projects, develop timelines, meet deadlines and make measurable improvements in the business
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.