You know Valvoline, right? We’re a household name. We’re one of the most recognized and respected premium brands in the global automotive lubricant industry, we have a presence in more than 140 countries, and our customers have trusted us for 150 years. But at Valvoline, we’re never idle, so we still have work to do. We need good people to help us achieve our vision to build the world’s leading engine- and automotive-maintenance business. That’s where you come in. Do you love collaborating with team members? Are you ready for a rewarding job that will help you grow your career? If so, join us.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Financial Analyst (FP&A). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Financial Analyst assists with the forecasting, analyzing, and reporting financial results for one or more business units to include analyzing results, preparing management reports, forecasting key operational and financial metrics, assisting with the development of annual/strategic plans and various other projects as required. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- ANALYTICS – Assist in providing in-depth analysis of business performance. This is a skill dependent on effectively communicating with the functional leadership teams to determine how the function is performing and what could be causing variances to the forecasts and plans.
- FORECASTING – With effective analysis of past-history and key operating metrics, the analyst will assist in determining appropriate forecasts. These “Latest Estimates” (LE’s) are completed monthly combining actual year-to-date results with forecasts for the remaining months in the year. The objective of the forecasting process is to provide the most accurate financial guidance possible to senior management.
- PLANNING – Assist in creating annual and long-range plans for functional departments and segments which results in a fiscal year and 3-5 year operating plan.
- AD-HOC REPORTING – Performing ad-hoc analysis and reporting for business units and finance leadership.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, international business or a related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in analysis or related field
- Work experience within large global corporate environment preferred
- Strong analytical skills, financial planning and analysis background
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer focused, seek continuous improvement and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
- Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.