- Job ID: 872757408
- Status: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
- Facility: Corporate Finance
- Department: Medicare Finance
- Location: 600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219
- Union Position: No
- Salary Range: $30.17 to $50.94 / hour
If you are driven by accuracy, but also like to work on a wide variety of projects while being able to multi-task and enjoy facilitation of information and teaching others, then this could be the position for you. We welcome you to explore the Lead, Financial Analyst role!
As the Lead, Financial Analyst, you will take a leadership role in the development, enhancement, documentation, and communication of the post-acute efforts for the UPMC Health Plan. Lead the creation of a financial reporting and projection structure, including the development of processes and a variety of analytics. Critical in the identification and understanding of the causes for financial & clinical trends, as well as anomalies. Manage pivotal payer and provider business/operational partner relationships. Articulate opportunities to internal and external audiences, including senior executives. Create metrics, implement solutions, then track and monitor progress. Substitute for senior leaders in various forums. Weigh practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome to successfully implement new programs and processes.
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as Women Inspiring Talent in Heath Care in Finance (WITH) or PRIDE Health, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
This is a great position for passionate candidates who are enthusiastic about using their Finance skills to make a difference in the world of health care. Apply today!
Develop and prepare financial reporting and projections on an established timeline.
Independently perform advanced financial analytics then be able to explain to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and, at times, senior management..
Identify, investigate and derive solutions for variances to financial and quality expectations.
Implement and monitor effectiveness of solutions.
Serve as a process and content expert, providing training and support to others, as needed.
Serve of the finance point of contact for the area, managing and engaging payer and provider business/operational partner relationships.
Identify trends in expenses, utilization, medical quality, and other areas.
Must use their knowledge and expert understanding of financial, clinical and other information generated by numerous sources to identify opportunities to improve clinical and financial performance.
Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related business field required.
- A Master’s degree or CPA license and four years of experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience required. CPA/MBA preferred.
- Experience in the health care industry preferred.
- Prior experience leading/supervising staff preferred. Microsoft office with emphasis on spreadsheet application required and PeopleSoft General Ledger proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity. Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities. Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way. Ability to effectively approach problem-solving.
- Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.