$47,000 – $57,000 a year
Full Job Description
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to accounting and finance functions of assigned department’s internal and external customer service, staff and financial management operations pertaining to areas including (but not limited to) invoicing, payroll, purchasing, P. card administration, collections and credits, budgeting, expenses, fiscal reporting, profitability, allocations, and taxation. Acts as a catalyst across departments to ensure continuity and quality of service and care.
1. Works with Managing Director in setting short and long-term budget and financial planning, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
2. Manages the development and implementation of financial goals and objectives, forecasts staffing, capital and operating budget needs in evaluating and reporting on market sensitivity, financial analysis, space utilization review, staff performance evaluation, etc. Forecasts, develops and implements policies and procedures in the areas of finance, staff management and budgetary goals and objectives that are consistent with University of Utah’s policies.
3. Tracks and manages compilations of data used to prepare budgets, accounts, coordinating appropriations while balancing University fund requirements and executes all required University accounting paperwork and processes, including year-end adjusted trial balances, journal entry transfers, purchase card reallocations, and the maintenance of personnel and non-personnel records for the theatre.
4. Responsible for the timely and accurate input of payroll information for full-time and part-time staff, including the theatre’s actors. In particular, must process payroll information for the timely weekly pay of Equity actors employed by PTC.
5. In partnership with the Managing Director, negotiates and executes all union contracts, pension and health weekly reports, and other required paperwork related to the employment of Equity actors.
6. Serves as chief liaison with the various theatrical unions (Actors Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, Stage Directors and Choreographers) in the filing of contracts and paying of pension and health contributions.
7. Works with the theatre’s independent auditors and University internal auditors to provide documentation necessary for the completion of audits.
8. HR liaison for PTC employees and the University’s HR services
9. Processes payments through Accounts Payable
10. Inputs budget information into the University’s budget system, EPM
11. Submits Personnel Action Forms (ePAFs) for PTC employees (in the case of new hires, job changes, pay increases, etc.), as well as increases fiscal-year increases through DMU.
12. Manages departments’ budgets, estimates budgetary requirements for special projects and oversees purchases and inventory.
13. Participates in University-wide committees to establish customer service standards and administrative plans and policies.
14. Develops departmental strategies consistent with the assigned departments continuous quality improvement program.
15. Ensures competency of staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on going staff performance evaluations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, or a related field or equivalency; plus two years of related experience. Also required are a thorough knowledge of established accounting principles and practices; spreadsheet and database skills; knowledge of statistics and demonstrated analytical,problem solving, human relation and effective communication skills required.
An advanced degree, such as a Master’s of Business Administration, is preferred. Certain positions may require familiarity with hospital billing systems, Medicare and insurance reimbursement regulations, etc.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
MBA in accounting.
An excellent understanding of finance, accounting principles, and budgeting.
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary