Information Specialist I – Center For Information Studies
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 40
We are looking for a highly motivated communications professional to provide full-time support to the Y-12 National Security Complex Technology Development and Transfer Program through a University of Tennessee subcontract with Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC. This individual will develop and implement communications strategies to enhance internal and external audience awareness of the program and will support intellectual property protection and licensing efforts.
The Information Specialist will set their own priorities and goals and provide frequent updates to the management team at CNS on activities that include:
- working with internal stakeholders (engineers, scientists, and managers) to create, assimilate, and convey technical matter in a concise and effective manner (including writing white papers, abstracts, fact sheets, posters, infographics and other requested media)
- developing innovative approaches and techniques to communicate information
- supporting the development of commercialization processes and procedures for selected technologies, including the management of specific websites and databases
- establishing a strategy to identify and incorporate industry and academic partners in support of the technology development needs at CNS.
- identifying opportunities for improvement in existing commercialization strategies
A successful candidate
- is excellent at creating, assimilating and conveying technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- has strong skills in written and oral technical communication and research.
- performs tasks across disciplines with great creativity, initiative, and latitude.
- works with diverse stakeholders and multiple teams.
- contributes to conversations related to the design and schedule of documentation deliverables.
- has strong time management skills and is able to set own priorities and goals in consultation with supervisor/manager, with few preexisting guidelines to follow.
- is proficient in MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, website development, and animation/graphics.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Communication/Information or MBA
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to receive a Security Clearance.
- At least two to three years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience with developing information for the technical and non-technical audience, to include written and verbal communication.