Applies extensive knowledge of industry practices in health care decision support and advanced professional concepts to substantial projects, typically at high degrees of complexity.
The Organization & Job Summary
With more than one million patient visits and 46,000 hospital admissions per year, UCSF Health, as one of the Top 5 medical centers in the US, is recognized worldwide for its innovative patient care, advanced technology, and pioneering research. UCSF Health is the organizational umbrella for clinical services provided by the UCSF Medical Center with multiple locations in San Francisco, the UCSF Physician Organization, Benioff’s Children’s Hospital in Oakland, and various provider affiliates. UCSF Health’s vision is to provide innovative, high-quality, cost-competitive clinical services, and deliver an unparalleled patient experience across the entire care continuum.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who will play a key role in supporting the financial reporting processes for the UCSF physician organizations. This position will provide business intelligence, lead the monthly reporting process, and add financial insight into special initiatives that supports the overall strategic direction of the organization. The candidate builds trusted relationships with key stakeholders in Finance and Clinical Operations.
The Finance Manager is responsible for leadership in the functional areas, as follows:
- Independently leads the financial and operational reporting for the UCSF physician organizations closely collaborating with Operations leaders such as CEO, COO, and Operations Directors
- In charge of designing new management reporting hub with a goal to provide business partners in Operations and management with a one-stop shop for financial and operational information using tools such as Tableau and Essbase
- Versatile in big-data analysis to drill into patient data with the goal to visualize operational trends and business insights
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis to facilitate executive decision making e.g. productivity benchmarking, profitability analysis of business lines, investment planning, patient population developments, health market trends, key performance indicators etc.
- Communicate recommendations to CEO, COO, and CFO of Physician Organization as a result of reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Actively participates in the process re-engineering and IT implementation. Liaise with the accounting, decision support, and technology departments to enhance the efficiency, accuracy and control over the reporting processes
- Eight to ten years’ experience in decision support/financial management, preferably in physician practice or hospital setting
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- In-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development, and business development. Proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly-complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues, and industry trends and advances
- Flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- Three to five years of experience providing management and/or leadership to Finance teams
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
005747 DECISION SUPP SPEC 4
Parnassus Heights (SF)