At University Hospitals, everything we do is driven by our dedication to providing the highest quality patient care. All members of our team, regardless of whether they interact directly with patients, support our mission and share our commitment to caring, compassion, teamwork and providing an exceptional UH experience.
A career in professional services with University Hospitals provides challenging opportunities in:
· Operations – meeting the ever-evolving needs of the health care industry
· Learning – employing the most advanced, leading-edge health care technology
· Diversity – growing your experience by exploring multiple facets of various business functions
· Collaboration – working with cross-functional teams of the highest-caliber clinicians and support staff
Join Us and Be the difference in Advancing the Science of Health and the Art of Compassion.
The Analyst position in the Treasury Department will function as a key supporting role to the Director of Investments and the Vice President of Treasury. Under the direction of senior staff, the analyst will be responsible for performing all facets of investment research and analysis for University Hospitals’ $2.6 billion investment portfolio, such as performance attribution analysis and risk monitoring, macro and market research, manager due diligence and monitoring, asset allocation and portfolio strategy, analysis to support external public disclosures, and supporting various other Treasury functions as needed. The analyst will also work closely with the Investment Consultant and custody bank.
Requirements and Responsibilities of Role:
1. Due diligence of existing managers and potential investment opportunities –
• Periodically prepare internal reports detailing exposures, concentrations and other characteristics of existing managers to identify changes in processes or style,
• Conduct thorough analysis of existing managers’ performance to understand sources of returns and provide recommendation on whether to retain or terminate manager,
• Maintain investment manager database to include strategy, latest research, quarterly call updates, and fee analysis,
• Participate in screening new investment opportunities and conducting comprehensive manager due diligence including onsite meetings, performance benchmarking,
• Actively monitor new/emerging strategies and maintain a database of potential managers and strategies.
2. Responsible for supporting the efforts of the Director of Investments/Research –
• Maintain investment policy, objectives and guidelines,
• Monitor and maintain investment asset allocations,
• Assist in conducting market research and participate in identifying investment areas of potential high interest,
• Work with the Director of Investments to prepare investment recommendations for the Investment Committee as well as Committee meeting material.
3. Operational and audit responsibilities –
• Have an understanding of all operational aspects of the portfolio in order to be able to step in during the absence of the ‘Operations Analyst’ (such as moving cash between accounts, inputting payments for subscriptions in custodian’s platform, paying invoices, filling out new fund opening forms),
• Work with the auditors for year-end audit of financial statements.
4. Other supporting functions within the Treasury group –
• Complete other special projects as deemed appropriate such as credit reviews, research on new hospital ventures, early-stage venture investments outside of the long-term investment portfolio,
• Work with the Investor Relations & Development (IR&D) group to value gifts received in the form of non-marketable securities,
• Participate in the preparation and review of Finance, Investment, and Audit Committee presentations regarding investment issues,
• Provide assistance with cash related projects when necessary.
5. Conduct market analysis to assist with managing short-term investments and bond funds –
• Monitor money market funds, commercial paper, floating-rate bonds and other money market instruments,
• Make recommendations to the cash manager for investing working capital assets (typically $50-100 million),
• Manage certain Bond Trustee held funds (typically $15-30 million).
Exemplary Behaviors Expected:
• Self-starter with a demonstrable desire to learn and advance knowledge-base, skill-set and responsibilities,
• Detail-oriented with a keen interest in ensuring accuracy of work and meeting deadlines,
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions,
• Competency in multi-tasking and being able to manage changing priorities,
• Team-player who is professional and courteous to co-workers,
• Capable of developing strong relationships with outside business partners,
• Develop or lead process improvement initiatives or projects with little direction,
• Demonstrate behaviors that significantly impact productivity, efficiency or quality of the department.
• 1-5 years of relevant work experience required,
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in finance or quantitative field, CFA, CPA, or MBA preferred,
• Solid understanding of global financial markets,
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint,
• Strong analytical and modeling skills,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Highly motivated, results-oriented and mature team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.