Position #: 200009MV
Position: Sr Operations Analyst: WCS Business Development
UH Facility: Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Work Days of Week: M-F
At University Hospitals, everything we do is driven by our dedication to providing the highest quality patient care. All members of our team, regardless of whether they interact directly with patients, support our mission and share our commitment to caring, compassion, teamwork and providing an exceptional UH experience.
A career in professional services with University Hospitals provides challenging opportunities in:
· Operations – meeting the ever-evolving needs of the health care industry
· Learning – employing the most advanced, leading-edge health care technology
· Diversity – growing your experience by exploring multiple facets of various business functions
· Collaboration – working with cross-functional teams of the highest-caliber clinicians and support staff
Join Us and Be the difference in Advancing the Science of Health and the Art of Compassion.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
The Senior Operations Analyst responsible for:
1) Provides strategic, operational, and analytic support needed to monitor operations, financial results, processes and outcomes. Provides assistance in information development and management, integrates data from various sources, supporting key strategic initiatives related to RBC and Mac (WCS) goals and objectives, particularly financial, operative and qualitative analyses for strategic initiatives in both inpatient and ambulatory operation. Serves as a liaison with finance, strategy, quality teams and assists with related project planning efforts, etc. (40%)
2) Prepares regular operational, financial and qualitative reports and analysis for RBC and Mac Leadership team. Provides analysis as to the affect of operational targets on overall performance. Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly operations activity reports and serves as a resource to the RBC and Mac operations teams & administration. Utilizes computer skills to maintain complex reporting – essential to providing timely and accurate reporting. Develops and maintains expertise on identified UHHS operating systems including EPSI, Soarian and Midas. (15%)
3) Assists WCS leadership with the development of operational plans, procedures and systems. Reviews and evaluates current procedures and systems and develops recommendations for improvement and or change in both inpatient and ambulatory operations.– Identifies program/service strengths, weaknesses and financial impact.
– Identifies program/service strengths, weaknesses and financial impact.
– Identifies opportunities for program/ service development.
– Facilitates creation of new operational indicators by identifying process improvement opportunities and utilizes disparate data sources to provide timely, accurate and meaningful decision support tools. (15%)
4) Assists in planning and development, focusing on industry research, best practices and industry trends.
– Identifies, tracks and monitors performance metrics not limited to financial/budget and operational analysis and reporting and evaluation of services.
– Assists with preparation of reports and presentations for senior leadership. (30%)
Experience & Knowledge:
3+ years business experience preferably with a healthcare provider. Spreadsheet, graphing and analysis experience and familiarity with hospital mainframe systems desired.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, EPSI, and extensive knowledge of excel required. Experience developing Self-Service Business Intelligence dashboards such as Tableau or MS Power-BI strongly preferred. PMP, CHDA, and/or CHFP credentials strongly preferred. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required. Strong analytical and communications skills required.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or business, required.
UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Recognized as one of the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 29 consecutive years. UH Rainbow is the only designated Level 1 pediatric trauma center in Northeast Ohio.