At University Hospitals, everything we do is driven by our dedication to providing the highest quality patient care. All members of our team, regardless of whether they interact directly with patients, support our mission and share our commitment to caring, compassion, teamwork and providing an exceptional UH experience.
A career in professional services with University Hospitals provides challenging opportunities in:
· Operations – meeting the ever-evolving needs of the health care industry
· Learning – employing the most advanced, leading-edge health care technology
· Diversity – growing your experience by exploring multiple facets of various business functions
· Collaboration – working with cross-functional teams of the highest-caliber clinicians and support staff
Join Us and Be the difference in Advancing the Science of Health and the Art of Compassion.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the monthly preparation of the Financial Performance Report and analysis of the monthly financial statements for senior management of University Hospitals. Assists with development and management of operating, capital and utilization budgets and other financial reporting; data collection and reporting to various agencies; coordinate billing of multiple groups and programs; maintenance and reconciliation of multiple monthly analyses. Serves as primary backup to the Director of Finance for the maintenance and utilization of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Cost Management Information Systems.
1. Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial activity reports and serves as primary backup to the Financial Director – Medical and Surgical Services.
2. Responsible for journal entries related to month end close, month end reporting for Med/Surg as well as HHVI CMC operations.
3. Assist in preparation of annual budget for revenue and operating expense.
4. Assist with day to day operations, daily flash reporting and review hospital surveys.
5. Assist with data requests from leads of the operations departments.
Bachelors Degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
MBA or CPA Preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
3 to 5 years accounting experience preferably with a healthcare provider. Database design, spreadsheet, graphing and analysis experience and familiarity with hospital mainframe systems desired.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Payable and EPSI. Extensive knowledge of Excel required. Experience in Powerpoint. Power BI and Tableau experience is a plus. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required. Strong analytical and communications skills required.
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.