If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment that is ever evolving through acquisition and continued partnership with UnitedHealthcare. You will use your finance and analytic skills to improve business performance and drive growth by supporting diligence of acquisitions and helping integrate newly acquired Medical Groups.
- Partner with Corporate Development during due diligence phase of future acquisitions
- Analyze past performance and KPIs to develop key Financial Risks and Opportunities of potential targets
- Work directly with CFOs of newly acquired businesses to develop forecasts during each business cycle
- Provide variance analysis of key changes forecast over forecast and compared to initial valuation model
- Partner with accounting team during month end close to analyze performance against budget
- Maintain & create reporting to analyze performance and metrics of recent acquisitions
- Assist leadership and national finance team with Ad Hoc requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in finance and / or accounting
- Proven knowledge and experience with developing forecasts
- Prior experience developing and working with financial models
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Hyperion Essbase and Peoplesoft experience
- Prior experience with Healthcare
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- MBA or CPA
- M & A experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Consultant, finance, accounting, forecasting, Essbase, Peoplesoft, MPA, CPA, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota