This posting represents two openings in the Supply Chain Logistics Finance team, both roles are based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you could make an impact on a global and local scale. We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, empathy with consumers. It’s those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world. Individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. You can shape your own path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
In this role, you will partner with the Finance, Logistics and Procurement teams to drive visibility for Supply Chain performance within our business units and markets within North America.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You will be aligned with our key business processes and play an integral role on cross-functional teams to optimize our controls and visibility of business performance.
By providing an integrated financial perspective on the impact of business decisions, you will make recommendations and influences decisions that maximize value for the business. You will also lead the monthly performance reporting and financial accounting cycle for our NA distribution network, capturing costs and providing controllership and financial oversight over our third party run distribution centers.
- Leads improvements in delivering business predictability through a robust forecasting, reporting and controls framework.
- Plays an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; identify areas that require improvement- increasing transparency, accuracy, and reliability of information.
- Collaborates effectively with other functional finance leaders to ensure that financial processes are running effectively.
- Serves as single point of contact within finance for performance management of our supply chain network, with particular focus on logistics and transportation
- Delivers regular presentations on business performance and financial positions to senior management and business partners within other business units
- Contribute to cross functional business teams as finance expert to help determine financial impact of projects, investments, and operational changes
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Models success and fulfillment, achieves satisfaction by helping others to continue developing their skills.
You’re a changemaker: Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’re a culture & change champion: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA preferred
- 3+ three years of related accounting or financial planning and analysis experience
- Prior work experience in Supply Chain, Accounting, Financial Reporting, or Financial Planning is preferred
- Experience with SAP / Oracle preferred
- An enterprising and inquisitive nature that can find solutions to complex problems
- Ability to reconcile operational metrics with financial performance and explain the relationship to other business leaders
- Experience creating and implementing operational improvement solutions
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate results and implications of analysis effectively with all levels of the organization (AKA excellent business partnering skills)
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.