The Asset Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the coordination, management and administration of Finance and Accounting for a portfolio of commercial properties. This will include the company’s US shopping centers or airport facilities with the help of 2+ direct reports.
The Manager will be skilled at managing projects and multiple priorities simultaneously, and have deep experiences in bringing interdisciplinary problem solving, cross-functional solutions delivery, and collaborative decision-making skills to the organization to best meet the needs of the company’s business objectives.
Responsibilities For The Role
- Lead a team of 2+ Asset Accountants and/or Senior Accountants, with a focus on staff development and training.
- Spur a business-oriented mindset among his/her team to serve financial understanding of business partners.
- Ensure the coordination, integrity, quality, and accuracy of all accounting and financial information.
- Responsible for the month-end close coordination, including approval of journal entries prepared by his/her team.
- Supporting, reviewing and delivering quarterly forecasts and the annual budget to business partners (Shopping Center General Managers and Operating Managers).
- Implement accounting policies and changes in conjunction with the Consolidation team and be a technical knowledge resource for direct reports and business partners.
- Primary support for external audits.
- Manage real estate tax accounting and support the Tax team with planning and appeals.
- Gain a deep understanding of URW’s reporting systems and procedures and participate in their ongoing improvement to help drive efficiency and improve analytics.
- Identify gaps in the portfolio’s execution of strategic and tactical objectives and provide feedback to leaders and business partners.
- Help develop analytical tools/frameworks to enable the team to better understand the state of the business.
- Support and back up for the portfolio Director as required.
- Challenge business assumptions, strategies & tactics using KPIs and knowledge of industry trends in order to:
- maximize revenue and return on investment,
- minimize cost,
- control capital expenditures.
What We Are Looking For
- BA in Accounting or Finance required – MBA or CPA or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in finance/accounting, with real estate experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with direct responsibility for supervising, training, recruiting and motiving a team required.
- Capable of thriving in a business-oriented environment, partnering with other business departments and working closely with senior executives.
- Ability to interface and partner with senior executives, obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and offer concise business solutions.
- Strong analytical and general quantitative skills, with an attention to detail.
- Expert user of excel and/or ERP.
- Thorough working knowledge of all phases of accounting and financial cycles.
- Significant hands-on experience managing the periodic close process in a complex business to ensure accurate and timely results, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Interdisciplinary problem solving, cross-functional solutions delivery, and collaborative decision-making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently while providing the highest quality product.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of building solid relationships among all levels of the organization.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.