Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Data Analyst II (DAII) is an experienced professional who builds reusable data sources and optimizes them for visualization and analytics. The DAII has a working knowledge of relational databases, and has some proficiency in SQL. Data Governance Stewardship role commitments are expected.
Provide innovative analytical insights with large data sets
Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate business processes and improve on/create new feature
Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical teams
Perform various data analytics in SQL, MS Excel, and other data tools, using statistical models or industry accepted tools
Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be used in data analysis activities
Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● None required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelors degree in general field, requires two (2) years of experience.
● If Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If Master’s degree, requires no years of experience.
● If Associate’s degree, requires eight (8) years of experience
● If High School degree, requires ten (10) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on-the-job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
– SQL limited proficiency
– Working knowledge (limited proficiency) of relational databases
– Understands the importance and has limited proficiencey with leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable, with help.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.