One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $11.4 billion in 2019.
UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 90,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 328 behavioral health facilities, 42 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
UHS Regional Office located in Brentwood, TN is currently seeking a Regional Director of Business Development. This is a full time supervisory role with tremendous growth
The Regional Director of Business Development oversees the provision of Sales, Marketing, and referral services activities within the Business Development Department of several facilities and is responsible for achieving the desired utilization of the organization’s continuum of care through the effective application of marketing principles and methods.
This opportunity provides the following:
UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan.
401k plan with company match
Generous Paid Time Off
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required. Masters of Business Administration or related field highly preferred. Experience may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in lieu of a degree.
Prior marketing and/or sales experience within a behavioral healthcare setting preferred. Five years minimum experience in organizational communications, referral development, workshop planning, sales management, and physician relationships preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Must possess a valid Driver’s License
1. Strategically analyzes and designates target markets for Community Liaisons and territory/account assignments, taking into account the strengths and weaknesses of each Community Liaison. Insures that expertise and personal styles of team members are insightfully matched to prospective referral sources. Strong leadership and communication skills for managing and developing staff.
2. Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis and, interpretation of market data. Analyze data, prioritize and monitor quality outcomes and measures.
3. Leads and oversees the development and growth of profitable new business opportunities. Develops and implements marketing strategies to assist the facility in meeting business objectives.
4. Monitors the performance of each Community Liaison against departmental goals. Assists Community Liaison in developing individual sales plans, territory management and routing schedules. Inspire, encourage, and influence teams toward a shared vision and optimal outcomes.
1. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of each of the facility’s programs and services, including Inpatient, Residential and Outpatient programs; the assessment process and, transportation services.
2. Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of each of the facility’s admission criteria and exclusionary criteria as it applies to inpatient, residential and outpatient programs.
3. Regularly attends in-services and program development meetings held by the clinical staff to remain informed of current program issues and programmatic changes or updates.
4. Develops and maintains a current knowledge of general economic and business status of the behavior healthcare market within the Tennessee marketplace and provides management with relevant information and strategic plans, as appropriate.
Community Relations and Marketing
1. Proactively identifies trends and changes in the marketplace and demand for specific niche programs and incorporates these findings into product development and marketing strategies.
2. Effectively utilizes all marketing means and resources, including market intelligence, referral patterns, research and analysis, sales, advertising and public relations.
3. Participates in the conception and development of various referral source campaigns including, but not limited to print, direct mail, collateral, advertising, social media and web targets.
1. Maintains awareness of facilities rates for services provided, knowledge of required services and their functions and provides useful input to CEO and CFO regarding pricing.
2. In concert with facilities CEO and CFO, proactively identify opportunities for enhanced pricing of services and develops, negotiates and executes payer contracts.
3. Serves as a liaison to the Corporate Managed Care Department.
4. Initiates and monitors payer optimization efforts throughout the state.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc.
To the extent any reference to UHS or UHS facilities on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware.
Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc. UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.