Are you ready to work in the second line of defense for a top international financial institution? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
Operational Risk Officers are the liaisons between Operational Risk Management (ORM) and the entire enterprise. Serving as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor, Operational Risk Officers are integrated into multiple dimensions of first line risk-taking activities. As a member of the Operational Risk Control team supporting our US Group Risk Control and Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance functions, you’ll be responsible for working with our business to identify and mitigate potential risks to UBS. Your role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superb integrative thinking across all facets of operational risk, and a desire to help the enterprise properly manage operational risk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- providing challenge to the First Line of Defense’s risk-taking and risk assessments, as well as working with Group Risk Control and Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance teams to review risks associated with these functions, providing guidance and challenge on controls, testing and implementation
- providing consultation to the business on projects, new initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls, and/or monitoring.
- working across the multiple dimensions of operational risk programs and understand how they impact the business and mitigation required.
- influencing executives within the US Group Risk Control and Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance functions on key operational risks and actions required to mitigate risk.
- as needed, developing ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations, control testing, and driving specific risk initiatives.
- delivering and updating Operational Risk Training
- represent C&ORC Group Functions for US Group Risk Control and Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance and escalating Operational Risk issues/concerns in the relevant forums including Risk and Management Committees
You’ll work in the Americas C&ORC team in Weehawken, NJ, reporting to the GRC, GCRG and GGC Operational Risk controller, and locally to the Finance Operational Risk Controller. We are a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for managing the compliance and operational risks arising from UBS’ business in the CUSO.
- a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study required. An advanced degree (MBA, JD or MA)or other relevant industry qualification is a plus.
- ideally 3-5 years of related operational risk experience with a financial institution or at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm. Experience with a compliance or risk control function would be a plus.
- successful experience of leadership, both in terms of people as well as projects and initiatives.
- strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, deep risk management knowledge, as well as good organizational, communication and influencing skills.
- structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach with the ability to form defensible conclusions from risk assessments.
- someone with strong and sound judgement and able to articulate views, assessments and approaches both verbally and in writing precisely, concisely, logically and accurately including with visuals where required.
- able to present to and respond effectively to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment.
- able to be flexible and capable of prioritizing based on changing internal or external demands.
- experienced in handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting United States, Homeworker, Tel. +1 201 352-1665
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.