We are looking for a Senior FP&A Data Analyst will work with data to lead the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions for your team. This Analyst will be the subject matter expert and go-to person for data questions and a leader in identifying insights and informing the business to enable improved efficiency, productivity, and accelerated growth. The Sr. FP&A Data Analyst will work on the most impactful initiatives which will shape the future of our company. This individual will work closely across functional teams and internal leadership, to gather, document and analyze business needs and design solutions as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Shape the way business performance is measured, define which questions to ask, scale analytics methods and tools to support growing business.
- Present findings through building dashboards/visualizations to leadership
- Lead ongoing analytics projects and initiatives from a thought leadership perspective to truly problem solve
- Analyze holistic drivers of operational performance and extract business insights and implications to inform strategic decision making
- Engage effectively with cross-functional teams to test hypotheses and validate recommendations
- Identify, measure, and help implement key business enablers such as process improvements or data visibility
- Manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and reporting back to internal leadership
- Develop expertise and understanding of our business model and competitive industry landscape
- Share key learnings across organization
- Employ an innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Strong interest in building relationships and passion for coaching or mentoring other
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- MBA Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in at least one of the following: Consulting, Finance, Strategy, Operations, Project Management
- Extensive experience across the modeling process from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment
- Work with applied statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Ability to work with multiple data sources and types (structured/unstructured)
- Proven capability to manipulate and analyze complex data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of one or more of our critical applications Python, R, SQL, KNIME, Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent applications
- Expert with data visualization tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Solution-oriented, creative, and strategic thinker
- Ability to operate in ambiguity and learn quickly
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Work Environment: This job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee must have the ability to communicate or exchange information; also, the employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer, expansive reading, or preparing and analyzing data, reports and figures.