This position may be filled at a level I or level II depending on experience.
The purpose of the job is to support the corporate strategy efforts of the organization including strategic planning, business case analysis, peer group analysis, merger and acquisition analysis, and investor relations activity.
- Provide support for the development and implementation of the organization’s corporate strategy and strategic planning activities. This will include the responsibility of developing and evaluating plans by business unit in order to ensure growth/profitability and make adjustments as necessary.
- Assist the Manager of Corporate Strategy in the implementation of the corporate merger and acquisition strategy. This will include analyzing data regarding potential acquisition candidates, including financial modeling, revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations regarding the impact of a merger/acquisition on the organization.
- Support and enhance the Investor Relations activities of the organization. Responsibilities may include drafting financial earnings releases and investor presentations, analysis of shareholder base and prospective investor targeting.
- Assist in the creation of strategic-related and financial-related materials and reports to support executive management and the board of director’s decision-making processes.
- Strong knowledge of financial models for quantification and development purposes
- Strong knowledge of financial industry measurements and practices (banking, insurance and investments)
- Advanced knowledge of problem-solving logic
- Knowledge of economics, banking, finance and financial markets
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality in all circumstances
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively utilize, communicate, and interpret industry terminology in written materials as needed
- Advanced writing skills
- Proven ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to create professional presentations of financial data gathered
- Strong Spreadsheet, Presentation, and word processing skills
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to anticipate potential issues and develop corresponding solutions
- Possess initiative/self-motivation characteristics
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities of projects quickly
- Maturity and composure to interact with executives and senior management, as well as board directors
- Four-year college education in a business-related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of bank, financial services, or other related corporate work experience, with a strong emphasis in financial analysis
- Mergers and Acquisition and Investor Relations experience preferred
- MBA, CPA, and/or CFA preferred
- Financial Modeling experience preferred