Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Responsible of compiling information, perform analyses and give recommendations that will be used in critical business strategic decisions. Analyses situations or problems comparing it to previous events to identify a pattern or the root of the cause and develop a corrective plan. Analyze situations or problems compared with previous situations to identify trends and patterns, potential root cause(s) and develop/recommend corrective action plan(s).
Accountable and responsible for ensuring the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of the Company’s managerial and financial reporting, assigned business unit(s) accounting policies and procedures, and identifying and communicating business risks and opportunities. The financial information is obtained primarily from the Comptroller, the Data Analysis Unit, the Actuarial Unit, and from a variety of operating sources, including: Claims, Enrollment, Customer Service, Quality, Medical Management, Pharmacy and IT. FP&A is involved in the development and preparation of financial and operational information for management. It requires the ability to forecast and plan business unit(s) data from conceptualization through presentation of the data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform regular and ad-hoc accounting, and/or financial and operations management reports, analyses and other tasks, as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare and reviewing financial management reports for business unit operations.
- Utilize accounting transactions and reporting systems to generate and distribute reports such as financial statements, respond to inquiries, conduct research, identify and resolve problems.
- Provide input to accounting function, ensuring accuracy and timely recording of historical transaction information.
- Identify, recommend, and implement financial planning and analysis process improvements, as part of an on-going process improvement plan.
- Act as liaison between business unit operations and accounting functions; ensuring accurate and timely recording of project costs.
- Provide guidance to the personnel about the controls and responsibilities related, and report to the TSM task force in charge of the documentation of the financial internal controls of any changes.
- Provides support and recommendations to reduce costs through saving initiatives on operational services.
- Evaluate vendors (monthly) and provide alternatives to reduce costs.
- Provide monthly monitoring on Claim Cost Initiatives, when applicable.
- Alert management about inefficiencies causing higher operating costs.
- Monthly monitoring actual versus budget by departmental.
- Provide monthly monitoring by departmental (actual versus budget) for all managed care business segments.
- Active and direct involvement in Budget development for the different business segments.
- Participate in budget hearings, summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Monitoring of financial performance and return on investment (ROI) of initiatives according to the company’s plan.
- Perform monthly updated forecasting (Enrollment, Premium, Claim and Operating Expenses) for the different business segments. Prepare information timely and accurately.
- Coordinating multiple resources within and outside your department to support the goals of the division.
- Effectively manage conflict, creating the right atmosphere that supports open communication and the search for solutions.
- Able to prepare and work on any other ad hoc report or information.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including participating on special projects. Other tasks as assigned by the Management and which are essential to the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, and/or PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BA, BS, BBA) with a major in Finance, Accounting or related, preferably, with 1 to 3 years of experience related experience, preferably with Health Insurance Industry. Master’s Degree (MA/MS or MBA) in Business Administration or Finance is preferred. Experience in a CPA firm preferred.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferable.
CLOSED DATE: 2/17/2021
It is company policy to seek for the qualified applicants for positions throughout the company without distinction of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, real or perceived sexual orientation, civil status, social condition, political ideologies, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Drug-free company.
Equality Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action for Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Veterans”. Employer with E-Verify to verify the eligibility of employment of all the new employees.
We encourage Females, Veterans and Disabled to Apply