The Pricing Analyst is responsible for recommending and executing strategic pricing for assigned categories, channels and sales types utilizing price modeling tools and price optimization software. You will partner with the VP/DMM, Buying Teams, Manager of Pricing, and Director of Pricing to identify trends, monitor sales, margin and inventory turn performance, and forecast the impact of pricing actions across all categories and sales types. When appropriate, you will work with the Price Execution team to facilitate signage and communication to stores. You will also participate in and execute special projects that the Manager of Pricing or Director of Pricing initiate.
- Analyze sales and margin performance and interpret customer and competitor behavior to provide guidance and recommendations for strategic pricing at the SKU, category, department, and Buying Team level across assigned categories, channels and sales types. Leverage competitive price information and market basket analysis to formulate price recommendations. Includes forecasts of changes in sales, margin, and unit performance with pricing recommendations.
- Determine and recommend optimal, progressive clearance markdowns with consideration of clearance markdown strategy, budget and timing to VP/DMMs and Buying Teams. Includes forecasts of changes in sales, margin, and unit demand with markdown recommendations.
- Enter and execute price changes into SAP, Price Optimization software and other systems.
- Develop and maintain analysis for use in monitoring and reviewing SKU, category, department, and Buying Team level financial results compared to budget and LY across all sales types. Identifies trends and leverages analysis to formulate future plans and forecasts.
- Examine and analyze the impact and implication of cost as a driver of price. Integrates with Buying teams and other functional departments, becoming the subject matter expert on price and cost in assigned categories, channels and sales types.
Education and Experience
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in financial analysis, business analysis, category management, merchandise planning, or other retail/business analytics required, with 1-3 years of pricing management or optimization experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other advanced degree in a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business, Marketing, Economics, or the equivalent) strongly preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build sophisticated financial and statistical models, analyze data, and translate analysis into specific, targeted action to drive results
- Proficiency in working with complex and large volumes of data
- Ability to persuasively present complex ideas, analysis, and projects to executives and large groups
- Ability to master complex software platforms such as Business Intelligence, Competitive Intelligence, and Pricing Analytics
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!