Full Job Description
Partner with Director of Finance to provide professional accounting and financial analysis support within the division. Gather, organize, and analyze information in the completion of both routine and special assignments under varying amounts of guidance and direction. Interfaces with all levels of Division and General Office personnel in addressing financial questions, results, variances and procedures. Provide information to Director, Finance to report and present to division leadership.
- Conduct analysis and provide information to support Division Budgets
- Responsible for preparing performance reports, providing assistance and recommending revisions as necessary to complete Division Budgets.
- Develops and maintains reporting tools highlighting the results of key performance measures, both financial and non-financial.
- Develops and produces key operating performance reports for Store Operations, including budget comparisons.
- Develops and manages analytical tools to improve the profit performance of new stores and loss stores.
- Identifies profit opportunities for management and partner with Director, Finance to recommend corrective action based on trend results and analysis.
- Analyze cost and benefits of various new programs proposed by Division Management.
- Supports Operations with new and closed store requirements as they relate to financial programs.
- Supports Corporate with Division bonus programs.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly and fiscal closing statements.
- Provide support on special projects as assigned by Division Executives
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting
Individuals in this role should have a minimum of 3-5 years finance and accounting experience & 3-5 years Account Management experience
Page 2 of 2
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Possess ability to analyze, interpret, and report financial data.
- Ability to solve problems using analytical frameworks to streamline the process.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well within various situations (from well defined to unstructured) and proactively identify business improvement areas.
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written with all levels of management.
- Ability to interact at all levels in the organization from Executives to staff.
- Excellent PC and related spreadsheet application skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature manner required.
- Possess ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal travel may be required
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
In order to facilitate the selection of the most qualified candidates for open positions in the new company, information regarding the candidate’s work performance and conduct will be shared with the hiring manager. This is a common practice for internal postings or interviews.
If you post or are interviewed for roles in the new company you understand that your work performance and conduct may be shared with the hiring manager, even if that hiring manager is a Safeway employee. If you have any objection to your information being shared, please contact your Human Resources Representative.