Purpose and Scope
The Business Analytics Manager leads the demand planning process for the commercial team including collecting the volume and pricing data from all key data sources, as well as compiling the business understanding and assumptions that will be included in the forecast for the purpose of forecast for business planning decisions. This role is also responsible for working cross functionally to determine forecast assumptions and inputs with the manufacturing operations planning, accounting, contracts and pricing, sales leadership, market access, and marketing. Those assumptions will be incorporated into the forecast, vetted with the cross functional team, and adjusted as needed to gain agreement for senior leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds the commercial demand and revenue forecast to TPI commercial business.
- Establishes and maintains forecast models to generate forecast scenarios as needed to support business decisions.
- Maintains decision documentation
- Develops higher order summaries and analysis of data and assumptions to model
- Collaborates closely with Finance to link sales performance and market data for use in financial planning and forecasting.
- Works closely with contracts and pricing, marketing, and sales teams to determine assumptions and validate business information and decisions
- Develops and maintains stringent quality control processes that ensure the accuracy of all reports and analyzes, cross checks, and validates transactional data from multiple databases to ensure accuracy
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Interacts regularly with Executive Leadership, Sales Leadership, and Analytics leadership to report on commercial performance trends.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe acrobat and other reporting software used in the industry such as Power Query and Tableau.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with imperfect data and manage ambiguity to bring clarity to business decisions.
- Advanced financial, analytical, strategy, and business planning skills with proficiency in analytics methodologies.
- Ability to work independently on data analyses and combine multiple data sources across multiple views to uncover trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization to communicate results of the data analyses and trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships across multiple departments.
- Self-starter with the ability to build new department capability and team over time.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Strong accounting, finance, or data analytics with 3 years of experience.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat and other reporting tools and software used within the industry
- Office environment; requiring sitting and standing
- Travel as required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)