SUMMARY: Directs, manages, plans, coordinates, oversees all primary Controlling/Accounting functions, all IT/SAP related functions as well as Corporate Security and Indirect Procurement for all thyssenkrupp Presta North America locations (Terre Haute, Fishers, Troy). This position will also be the primary backup for the Financial Accounting Manager, the IT Manager, and the Controlling Supervisor. Has the responsibility for the implementation, conformity and performance of the processes at the respective locations for the Planning and Controlling, Compliance, Risk Inventory, Contract Management, Legal Advice and Law Enforcement, IT Management, Internal Control System, Loss Management, Property Insurance related Risk Management and IT Change Management processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management and control of the financial administration.
- Coordinates the financial department and IT/SAP activities: defines priorities and delivers timely and accurate results.
- Generate existing daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements internal/external within agreed service levels and within a high level of reliability.
- Preparation of the many surveys required: (e.g. insurance surveys, tax surveys, distribution of duties…)
- Forecast; compile sales, profit and cash flow forecasts weekly/monthly to ensure targets met or alternative plans devised to meet profit targets.
- Analyze cost performance data, cost estimates and financial statements to determine factors of excessive costs and to establish control measures to curtail.
- Support cost and efficiency improvement projects and track progress and savings.
- Coordinate, perform and report corporate risk analysis.
- Organize and execute the budget process as required.
- Assist with further development of the SAP system, including internal user training.
- Management of the financial accounting department; defines priorities and delivers timely and accurate results.
- Ensure all US-GAAP, IFRS, and corporate accounting and tax requirements are met.
- Perform month, quarter, and year-end fast close procedure including discussions with external auditors
- Prepare and discuss transfer price studies with external auditors
- Plan, develop, implement and improve standard procedures, policies, and forms
- Develops and maintains organizational development and training programs for employees.
Manages subordinate managers and/or team members. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the technical department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting and/or Finance, or equivalent field with over 5 years experience in the automotive industry or similar industry. CPA and or MBA preferred.
Computer and Technology Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP/R3 Integrated Business software. HFM (Hyperion Financial Management Consolidation software) Use of Microsoft Office Suites software and Microsoft Explorer browser in a windows operating system. Use of Lotus Notes. Excellent computer skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, business journals or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. German language speaking skills is an added plus.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as: probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This is us – your new employer
Our Automotive Technology business is passionate about the automotive industry and produces as well as markets high-tech automotive components worldwide. With over 20,000 employees, we are responsible for the success of this business. Our product and service range includes chassis technologies such as steering and damper systems and the assembly of axle systems as well as powertrain components for conventional and alternative engines. We also develop assembly systems for body-in-white construction and produce lightweight car body components in series.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
We value diversity
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.