Job Title: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management- Capacity Planning Excellence
Location: Waltham, MA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager, SCM – Capacity Planning Excellence will play an integral role in shaping the connectivity between the commercial and operation teams to build the world’s best supply chain. Working with global supply chain teams across various businesses and divisions, this role will assure the implementation of best practices, solutions and processes to improve capacity planning processes at our manufacturing sites. This role will also build capabilities and coach supply chain personnel at site on capacity planning and will become the process expert of Capacity Planning Processes within Thermo Fisher Scientific..
What will you do?
- Partner with business divisions and sites to develop and implement capacity planning process improvements.
- Act as a process leader by providing process diagnostics, improvement proposals, analytical insight and perspective.
- Develop focused improvement plans.
• Improve capacity planning processes, leveraging new concepts and technologies, to further drive sustainable improvements and make supply chains ready for the future
• Work closely with business division and manufacturing site supply teams to reduce back orders, exceed customer expectations and optimally allocate resources and assets to meet business objectives
• Define success metrics, frequency and cadence by which to measure and deliver priority goals and capacity planning improvements the corresponding activities.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Operations or related field (MBA or graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of Supply Chain management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning and execution.
- STRONG Capacity planning expertise.
- Proven expertise in capacity planning processes, advanced concepts, tools and multiple ERP systems
- Strong Integrated supply chain acumen.
- Experience working with complex global multi-national manufacturing footprints and experience enhancing supply chain performance.
- Strong knowledge of multiple supply chains, e.g. custom solutions to mass-market supply chains.
- Strong commercial orientation with a proven ability to partner with managers and operating teams.
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.